Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Free the avatar!!!!!!!

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by fishybreath View Post
    No avatar change please.
    it would be optional, lol...

would be cool to have our own pics. i'm sure if ppl chose something innapropriate we could have a complaints procedure put in place.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post

would be cool to have our own pics. i'm sure if ppl chose something innapropriate we could have a complaints procedure put in place.
    I would expect that they would have to be approved before being live because of the great potential of incredible abuse and offense. And the time to review them all might be more than the current support could do. I'm sure that's part of the problem from their end.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post

we already have a complaints procedure, and the forum mods are pretty much on the ball when inappropriate images are used on the forums.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    we already have a complaints procedure, and the forum mods are pretty much on the ball when inappropriate images are used on the forums.
    Agreed - and the forum mods do a good job, but I was thinking of the in-game avatar and having your friends list suddenly filled with images you may not want to see. That would be harder for the moderators to know about than forum posts and could cause a lot of support tickets. I'm assuming that we have been talking about the in-game avatars because in the forum you can already have your own.

I personally would be hard to offend because I'm quite open minded and good at ignoring what I don't want to see, but in this modern world people take offense at a great many things whether reasonable or not.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

qawpaw
    i wrote support half a year ago about that no answer

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Agreed - and the forum mods do a good job, but I was thinking of the in-game avatar and having your friends list suddenly filled with images you may not want to see
    My thoughts exactly. I'm not easily offended by images either but it would make the whole game very messy. I have no desire to see pictures of cars, football team emblems, dogs, cats, women in bikinis, Kim Kardasians backside or whatever else people decide to use. The Settlers is a classy game with some great artwork. I would hate to see it destroyed by tacky avatars that you see in so many other games.
    Last edited by fishybreath; 31.05.16 at 12:55.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Daz View Post
    I disagree.

Custom Avatars would need to be stored server side, unlike the current avatars that are stored in the client. This has the potential of causing more lag.
    Then we have the "children" that think it's funny to use inappropriate avatars which would need to be moderated, thus causing more work for the admin team.
    I'd expect some data for the avatar is stored within the users table although that could just as easily be 1,2,3,4 under the avatar column, other than that I agree, chances are it would cause additional server stress for no real reason
    Never give up
    Never follow
    Never think great is good enough

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree..... free the avatar :-)

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Change your avatar

Hi!

The good old avatar question. I mean the FAQ entry has been up since the game pretty much launched and we would really like the option to change our avatars. Be it by gems cost or anything, please. You can make it have charges or anything like that too in the shop but please, can we finally have the option to change it?

hugs
    /CptSnugglz

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Some of us started playing at a time there wasn't much choice.. there's lots more to choose from these days, so yes, I agree with Snugglz, the ability to change would be good. (Even limit it to 1 or maybe 2 max.)

Reply to Thread