Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Nords. New guide with updated pathfinding + minimized losses

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

The Nords. New guide with updated pathfinding + minimized losses

Update: A map for those without veteran generals has now been added as well - enjoy!
    currently working on a guide without X-bows

So here goes.. i have never made a guide before, but figured i might as well try it. As far as i know, this is the most efficient Nords guide there is atm. hope you enjoy (sorry bout the sloppiness.. I know it doesn't look like much - I'm quite lazy)

avg. losses: 89R, 105M or 141M (if you don't want to use recruits).
    max units needed (can then do both with and without recruits):
    94Recruits, 154Militia, 130 Soldiers, 107cavalry, 248 crossbowmen

Be prepared to lose a soldier or 2 every now and then tho...

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4632/nordstemp2.png - the direct link.
    (Remember to retreat after defeating Camp 3, since u will lose troops to Camp 4 with the army sent.)
    Table of calculations below:

the exact placement is not that important, as long as u keep your general on the right hand side.

For Garrison 2, the general placement really doesn't matter, but i added my usual garrison placement anyway, just in case people were interested.

make sure to place your general above the blue line, so you won't get intercepted by the other camps on the way.

make sure not to place G4 and G5 closer than this, or G5 will get intercepted by the camp G4 is attacking.
    For the block, send the veteran general (G5) after you sent the blocking general (G4 - normal). Do not worry about the timing too much, you could even grab a cop of coffee before sending him, you have that much time.

I haven't added a picture of my G6 placement, but i usually just try to keep him as far to the right as possible, but it really isn't that important.

The nords can easilly be done with less than 248 crossbowmen. I do suggest having at least 150 though, or your losses will start getting too big. to a certain point, u can exchange crossbowmen with longbowmen though. But make sure to adjust the number of Soldiers/militias needed as meatshield.

Another thing worth noting, is that for whoever is sitting in the lootspot, can attack any camp with just 3 recruits, to get a kill (since there are no first strike camps).

- Enjoy

Note: the following guide is still lacking a few elements

Guide for The Nords Adventure without Veteran General.

When i started making this, i actually thought the losses were gonna be worse, but they don't seem to bad at all.

Avg. Losses: 348,58B / 145,44R / 122,9M or 285B / 111,96R / 162,08M ,
    Depending on which of the following guides used.

Units needed (to allow u to use both guides): 362B / 154R / 185M / 186S / 105C / 198X

Map still needs a bit of work, but will be ready shortly!

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5...normalgens.png

For the first 3 Garrisons, you can use the same placements as those from the Veteran general guide.

For G4, G5 and G6, place the generals as shown in the picture. Send all generals right after one another, in the order 4(block)-5(wave1)-6(wave2). You do not have as much time as you would with the Veteran General, but it is still more than enough to do a type 2 block with a safe margin.

For G7, G8 and G9, place the generals as shown above. First take out camp 9. When the general used for that fight has returned, send all three generals in the following order; 7(block)-8(wave1)-9(wave2). Again, it is important that you send the generals right after one another, as type 2 blocks with normal generals are not nearly as reliable. But there will still be quite a good safe margin for this final block.

- Please feel free to give me some feedback/suggestions. I hope you all enjoy the guides.
    Last edited by Proddy; 01.09.12 at 20:03.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    just completed it following this guide workes like a charm but i made tea not coffee

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I love this guide, did nords 5 times now, so simple following this one.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Good guide :-) looking forward to one without xboxs...

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Big thumbs up, great guide

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi Proddy. Great guide! Just two questions. Can you use BHG in the setup without vet or will it mess up the blocks? Also, what is the best point for a lootspot buyer here?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Excellent job Proddy thanks for putting time and effort to bring this guide to us.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Very similar to the guide i use, but i dont block and get the same kinda losses.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7...almapnords.jpg

new pathfinding.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    good guide

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    You have the wrong values for enamies on L4 I lost all my troops.

Reply to Thread