Reply to Thread

Thread: What is the best product to trade for gold?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland

What is the best product to trade for gold?

... i am finding trading for gold is almost non-profitable, unless you constantly buff your buildings and even then the profit is too small.

For example. Gold mines 300ore lets say with buffs you make 500ore. (unless you are online 24/24 you will miss some hours eventually)

500 ore trades for almost 120gold.

You have spend

1500/1500/1400+300 (upg)
    Lets say all together these worth 80-90GP. (7-8 per stack at best for marble or planks so you need 8 stacks = 64GP and another 20GP for 3-4 stacks of tools).

So with almost constant buffing and a real pain, you gain at best 30GP.

Is Iron ore better?

Iron Ore trades for 19-21GP per stack.
    It needs 250+250+200(+150)
    almost 2 stacks for them, lets say 7-8GP per stack, you need 16-17GP for the materials (not that you'll buy them, but you could just sell them straight away) so the profit is what? 3GPS + what is left from the little buffing? lets say 200-300iron ore?

I am thinking maybe weapons are more profitable?
    I dont know.

I am starting to think the only real profitable think, that doesnt need maintenance and rebuilding and doesnt run out, is marble masons, but it is painfuly slow. maybe after a lot of investment, high lvl and buffing, and a lot of masons near the source, you could have a steady income...

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    After a while you get enough building licenses to mine all marble, gold, copper and iron ore. Then you just go for all of them. So it doesn't really matter what you produce to trade for coins. Furthermore the prices change, thus making your island for only 1 good is not a good idea, because in 3 months time it might be a waste if your using it for only trades.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    the idea is, that all other things beside GC, Granite,Titanium and Exologs going down in Price, so right now is much better to run your own gold prod.

if you can buy goldore for 120gc per 500 ore. so dont build mines. build only goldsmelter and coinage. buff them and with some coal, you gona do like 400 gold coins of it.( not 500 because you are not 24/24 online).

other thing is you can buy a parrot or gold refiller for like 150gc thats 500 ore or (1000 ore) if buffed, i use 1 lvl5 mine to build up quickly, never let this one run out. and just ZzZzZ all my gold chain if not buffed or out of stock.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    i see sauesage do seem to give a good price and it always sell so if you can keap it buffed i think you can make oki profit ofcorse you need a good prov house for that

Reply to Thread