Closed Thread

Thread: Will my general engage?

World
    Newfoundland

Question Will my general engage?

I'm planning my 3rd attack. I am aiming to hit the target A. But I wonder, will my general automatically engage target B before - or after - the fight? Or will I be able to drag him back home to replenish, and then attack the target B?
    Teach a settler how to fish, and you will have to rebuild his pond for a life time...

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    If you attack target A, your general will be intercepted by camp B first because your general will enter its red square before reaching camp A.

If your gen survives camp B he will proceed to attack camp A without returning home.

I suggest you attack and destroy camp B then attack camp A once your gen has returned home between the battles .
    Last edited by Sinister-King; 03.09.12 at 19:11.

World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you for taking time to answer my question Sinister-King! Thats much appritiated.
    Unfortunately, I have to correct you: my general didnt engage camp B. He attacked camp A, then moved back home without fighting that camp above
    Teach a settler how to fish, and you will have to rebuild his pond for a life time...

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Toothpaste View Post
    Thank you for taking time to answer my question Sinister-King! Thats much appritiated.
    Unfortunately, I have to correct you: my general didnt engage camp B. He attacked camp A, then moved back home without fighting that camp above
    Lol I stand corrected. I guess your general must have been on the very tip of the red zone.

Enjoy the game .

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Your general most probably entered the red zone of camp A, before entering the red zone of camp B.
    In that case he is already engaging the first camp and won't be intercepted.

Note however that leader camps (like the one just south of your camp A) do not have red influence areas (except e.g. in the Nords).
    Thus, an attack on a leader camp can be intercepted by a nearby ordinary camp all the way till he's entering the leader camp.

Note also though, that camp B's influence area does not cover the entrance (on the SE side) of that leader camp.
    Thus, you will probably be able to attack the leader (after defeating camp A) without attacking camp B.
    Last edited by Tage; 03.09.12 at 22:47.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tage View Post
    Your general most probably entered the red zone of camp A, before entering the red zone of camp B.
    In that case he is already engaging the first camp and won't be intercepted.

Note however that leader camps (like the one just south of your camp A) do not have red influence areas (except e.g. in the Nords).
    Thus, an attack on a leader camp can be intercepted by a nearby ordinary camp all the way till he's entering the leader camp.

Note also though, that camp B's influence area does not cover the entrance (on the SE side) of that leader camp.
    Thus, you will probably be able to attack the leader (after defeating camp A) without attacking camp B.
    Thats correct! I was able to attack the camp leader with having to fight the camb B

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    As this issue has pretty much been resolved, I will go ahead and close it.

Thanks again for your help guys.

BB_Dantesama

Closed Thread