Reply to Thread

Thread: Land clearing for more efficient building

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Land clearing for more efficient building

can you create a mod whereby it's possible too clear wooded areas permanently,so we can place buildings more efficiently around a central storehouse..not all sectors will be used for foresting at the minute building placement in some sectors is hap hazard at best.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    There is plenty of unforrested land to build on. Now that the move buildings feature has been implemented, bad planners will be able to move their buildings to their hearts content, all be it at a cost . . .

Of course for some people removing the tree stumps and then building would then lead to a shortage of trees and moanining about being able to plant trees where they want . . .

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    i for one would wish atlest 3 sectors free of trees

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Well they should have certain areas where trees can be cleared and places where trees can be grown. So I Agree with LipglossDog.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I think this is a good idea and have been thinking something similar myself, and just found this thread.

I feel that if an area is forested and not replanted in a certain amount of time, say 7 days, then the stumps disappear, and buildings can be build on that area.

World
    Newfoundland
    There is a trick I use that helps clear some extra spaces for buildings in certain areas with weeds and some other items on

This is the location I used if you want to try yourself

You can see this space can't be built upon because of the weed/bush that appears to be living in the spot

If you place a decoration like flowers (cheapest I could find at 35 gems) over the area in question and built it.

Even before the flowers are finished building (or after) you can now knock this down to free up the space

This then removes the weed in question

Then you can happily fill the spot in question with whatever you like!

But please note that BB have said it isn't "supported" and also, if you clear the spot, log out and back in again without having built upon, the weed comes back. If there is a building in the place, it stays in that location.

Reply to Thread