Reply to Thread

Thread: economy overview for upgrading buildings is wrong

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

economy overview for upgrading buildings is wrong

It seems like the buildings that are currently being upgraded are still producing stuff. (This error does not occur for buildings on Zzzzz)

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    It looks like the same is happening to buildings that lack resources. I gave my (buffed) gold smelters/coinages exactly 1800 ore this morning, but when I logged in 14 hours later the overview reports more than 1k coins produced the last 12 hours, while it would be impossible for them to produce more than 900.

Likewise, my coal supply reported a minus of 6k, while it actually went up roughly that amount (no copper ore available).

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro219 View Post
    It looks like the same is happening to buildings that lack resources. I gave my (buffed) gold smelters/coinages exactly 1800 ore this morning, but when I logged in 14 hours later the overview reports more than 1k coins produced the last 12 hours, while it would be impossible for them to produce more than 900.

Likewise, my coal supply reported a minus of 6k, while it actually went up roughly that amount (no copper ore available).
    The number's shown are not what was produced the last 12 hours, but what would be produced if all your buildings keep producing what they are producing right now for another 12 hours.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by seeKlord View Post
    It seems like the buildings that are currently being upgraded are still producing stuff. (This error does not occur for buildings on Zzzzz)
    agree if the building is zzz the amounts are greyed out but still green and showing production if upgrading.Don't see it as a problem for lvl1~lvl3 upgrades but lvl4~lvl5 which are 24hrs and 7 days it should be looked into.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    The advisor is showing you what is going to be produced when everything stays the same. This is especially helpfull for production like the iron, steel, copper, and brew. using those numbers you can figure out, if you have enough raw material production to keep on producing. If there is a possible shortage in the chain you will see it right away as the production is then YELLOW. An RED number means that the item itself is going down in quantiy.means your quantity will go down.

For instance my Gold bar production is YELLOW 484. It will mean i will produce (as long as the buffs are running) 484 bars in 12 hours, but sooner or later my production my stall because I have somewhere in the chain an negative amount. In this case my gold ore production is stalled.

If you go into detailed mode you can trace back where its going wrong, you can even klick on the buildings that are doing the production. Its really handy for finding the fastest production building which needs to be upgraded first

The only problem is caused by the fact that it takes into account the current travelling time. So if you want to know if you have enough forresters you need to check it a couple of times during the day. This is caused by the fact that travelling time can change because they need to go to a different tree to nurture, which might be farther away then normally. If you are not really sure if you have enough forresters you might be better off keeping track of the number of trees cut, as that would go down if you are not able to grow enough trees. Ofcourse the number of cut trees will stabilize sooner or later when all the trees are gone and you are only cutitng those freshly planted trees. In that case I would increase your forresters before you start upgrading your cutters. But thats obvious.
    Last edited by Mystic; 06.09.12 at 20:22.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Watching last 24h.
    I am upgrading 2 pinewood cutters to lvl 5 (it last 7 days).
    Economy overview lights green my pinewood (+504), but amount in warehouse is going down.
    Is it calculating production of this 2 upgrading cutters?
    Last edited by Sevikus; 07.09.12 at 22:24.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well my wood is going down even i dont upgrade.. Economy shows me +429 but truth is i loose wood in my storage..
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...oodeconomy.png
    Last edited by weikka; 10.09.12 at 17:41.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevikus View Post
    Watching last 24h.
    I am upgrading 2 pinewood cutters to lvl 5 (it last 7 days).
    Economy overview lights green my pinewood (+504), but amount in warehouse is going down.
    Is it calculating production of this 2 upgrading cutters?
    The economy view does indeed add upgrading buildings as if they are working.

Reply to Thread