Reply to Thread

Thread: how to use the economy overview

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Unhappy how to use the economy overview

I am really pleased that we can now use the economy overview but seem to be stuck on how to use it, I have red arrows with a minus number and green arrows with a plus number, This is my first ever game of settlers or anything like it. I love it and am doing really well apart from this new overview please can someone explain how to use it properly ---please..........

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    If you have a red arrow let's say for coal( or any other resources) that means you spend more coal than you produce. So in this case you need to raise your production by upgrading the buildings/mines or building more coal production buildings/mines.. You can also stop production on some buildings that uses coal till you gather more resources for upgrades/etc.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Thankyou very much for your reply I will be able to use it now. Happy Settling :-)

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    The economy overview doesn't seem that accurate to me, My pinewood shows a green arrow with +2294 / P/12hr and my pinewood trees show a red arrow with -1354 p / 12hr.
    Yet the pinewood in my storehouse never goes above 6 and I never have any bare batches appear on my island from cut down trees

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilleos View Post
    The economy overview doesn't seem that accurate to me, My pinewood shows a green arrow with +2294 / P/12hr and my pinewood trees show a red arrow with -1354 p / 12hr.
    Yet the pinewood in my storehouse never goes above 6 and I never have any bare batches appear on my island from cut down trees
    If you click that green or red hour you will get your answer:
    If Pinewood logs is +2294/12 h => the rate between pinewood logs production and consumption is positive by 2294. You produce 2294 excess pinewood logs.
    If Pinewood trees is -1354/12 h => the rate between pinewood trees planted by foresters and pinewood trees consumed by wood cutters is negative and you should build more pinewood foresters. In this case you should also see that the trees cut are not replaced because wood cutters work cut the trees faster then the foresters can replenish them.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Askuldx View Post
    If you click that green or red hour you will get your answer:
    If Pinewood logs is +2294/12 h => the rate between pinewood logs production and consumption is positive by 2294. You produce 2294 excess pinewood logs.
    If Pinewood trees is -1354/12 h => the rate between pinewood trees planted by foresters and pinewood trees consumed by wood cutters is negative and you should build more pinewood foresters. In this case you should also see that the trees cut are not replaced because wood cutters work cut the trees faster then the foresters can replenish them.
    Your misreading my post - The economy overview shows my pinewood to be +2294 therefore the pinewood stock in my storehouse should be increasing but as stated in my initial post, it doesn't rise above 6.
    My pinewood trees shows -1354 therefore my pinewood trees on the island should be disappearing but they have not, not one bare patch anywhere.
    This has been like this since the economy overview came into the game

Reply to Thread