Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: No more starter packs

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbe View Post
    He's not from BB.
    I hope your right.

Anyway, I believe BB_Dantesama answered the question in brief on another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Dantesama View Post
    We are actually working on a starter pack, unfortunately, I cannot give you a release date.

Hope this clears things a little.

BB_Dantesama
    Last edited by Sinister-King; 11.09.12 at 19:18.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Hello all,

This person was impersonating a staff member, please ignore the post.

Regarding the starter pack, you will have more information on it and its content when approaching the date.

Hope this helps a little

Regards

BB_Dantesama

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Ok this thing with everything always coming out in the future with no information is getting old.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Maybe they just decided to wait until the game is out of beta before they release the starter packs, I did go to amazon myself yesterday thinking they were out already.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Alryno View Post
    Maybe they just decided to wait until the game is out of beta before they release the starter packs, I did go to amazon myself yesterday thinking they were out already.
    They was released sometime ago, I've bought and used a couple already.

Perhaps their working on a DLC .

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Glad I managed to grab a couple then - still have one unopened as I've not needed the bits quite yet.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Dantesama View Post
    Hello all,

This person was impersonating a staff member, please ignore the post.

Regarding the starter pack, you will have more information on it and its content when approaching the date.

Hope this helps a little

Regards

BB_Dantesama
    Nope, doesn't really help at all.

Questions though:
    Will bluebyte/TSO be selling this pack through a third-party seller again?
    When 5 week old back-orders are canceled, will they blame the third-party supplier again?

Just wondering is all... not sure if it's worth waiting another 5 weeks to get nothing.

Perhaps TSO can release the pack on their own site, so as to avoid another embarrassing situation from third-party sellers? Just an idea.

Cheers
    Scruffy

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    google search settlers online starter pack, there will be a list of shops offering the pack. They are on zavvi and amazon.de (a little pricey) for sure and many online sites in europe. do same search on google.nl and you will see many at good prices. buy online not in tescos If you still have problems or only want to buy from uk I can always buy extra and sell you one or two through Ebay. Could always be a rumour to make people buy more packs faster. Its not as if you need packs constantly a few at the start to give a boost and to buy a couple of savage scouts is enough for most people. It would still cost 80 pound ish to buy a gem mine. Enjoy. T.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Todd View Post
    google search settlers online starter pack, there will be a list of shops offering the pack. They are on zavvi and amazon.de (a little pricey) for sure and many online sites in europe. do same search on google.nl and you will see many at good prices. buy online not in tescos If you still have problems or only want to buy from uk I can always buy extra and sell you one or two through Ebay. Could always be a rumour to make people buy more packs faster. Its not as if you need packs constantly a few at the start to give a boost and to buy a couple of savage scouts is enough for most people. It would still cost 80 pound ish to buy a gem mine. Enjoy. T.
    Heh what a lad. Thanks for the info mate .

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    uberrima fides = Latin for "In the utmost good faith"

Hi Dantesama,

Firstly I would like to apologise for not welcoming you to the TSO boards as the New Community Manager. I have only just gathered that from other posts.

So ... welcome.

Secondly I will try and keep my passion under control as this is frustrating you a little - I can assure you it's not aggression, although I can understand some confusing it as such. It is, therefore incumbent upon me to make my point in a subdued manner, especially if I want it to be taken seriously.

And I do.

I assume that you are employed by BB and you are not a volunteer. That's important as if you are a volunteer then my time invested in this post is really not going to be the greatest investment of my life :-)

I will also add plenty of caveat's so there's no chance of misunderstanding me or the point I would like to make.

So caveat's first ;

I realise you are "new in post"
    I understand you are acting in good faith when you post and that you have little or no information to pass on
    And I accept "you are all just human beings" at BB

But - my point comes second (and if there are any caveats I have missed please edit this post and add them - that would be constructive I think :-))

I would very humbly suggest the reply that BB have asked you to convey to us is ... well ... a little frail, maybe even a tad ambiguous. Yes that last part of my sentence was erring towards sarcasm ... but nice sarcasm ... the tongue in cheek sort of sarcasm that people giggle about ;-)

Can I suggest that BB accept that the withdrawal of the Starter Packs is a little harsh. There's a Latin Term used in contracts and I would like to quote it if may please. It's called "uberrima fides" and it means in the utmost good faith. Underlying this is a requirement that all parties act in complete honesty all the time. And I would respectfully suggest that the removal of the starter packs is not totally honest.

Now before you become too defensive and take the strict company line with me I'd like to say I don't know if BB have done this deliberatley or if we now find ourselves where we are after a series of events - which can often be so much easier to look back over :-)

In March BB Azariel indicated that TSO were making starter packs available through a post on the boards. I have found them to represent excellent value for money. Especially when compared with the purchase of gems directly through the BB shop.

May I embedd a thought in your mind please. Imagine, please, a player has been playing for a month or two and they suggest the game to a friend and they explain all about the starter packs. The friend starts playing and two weeks in the starter packs aren't available. Can I ask you to imagine how both those players will be feeling - and I would like to refer back to my point about total honesty - these players may feel that BB have not been totally honest with them. It's not a case of saying BB have been dishonest. It's a case of understanding perception and feelings.

I would, therefore, suggest strongly that BB consider their decision to withdraw the starter packs until they have a replacement in place. Additionally I would like to suggest that BB raise this issue to their highest priority.

I'm dissappointed that BB have withdrawn the starter packs. I had made plans to purchase two more over Xmas so that I could have a bit of me time :-)

Finally Dantesama I would like to make a counter point or if you prefer a rebuttle.

I don't have a huge need to blow lots of money on this or any game. Like many I have a family and other priorities too. However, after a considerable number of years in business I have found my best ally is my honesty and my wallet working in complete harmony.

I think many cannot afford to play the game after the removal of the starter packs. At my time of life it doesn't surprise me. I can vote with my wallet and my honesty and buy a crossword book or two to keep me occupied over Xmas :-) lol. Companies do what they have to. I have no problems with BB making a profit - if it doesn't the game will not be available. I am not alluding to anything like that.

I simply would like BB to consider their actions to withdraw the starter packs and perhaps to take steps to replace a little of the honesty which may have slipped off the table.
    Best
    Nuttymut

Added post post :-) ; Perhaps the easy solution is for BB to temporarily adjust the Gem Prices from their shop and thus remove the problem and the ill will that is obviously out there?
    Last edited by Nuttymut; 15.09.12 at 15:43.

Closed Thread