Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: No more starter packs

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove

No more starter packs

Just had an e-mail stating that the starter packs are no longer available and my account is being credited.

Is there a reason why the decision has been made to discontinue it?

Are there any plans to offer a digital download equivlant?

I'm sure I am not the only person who is frustrated by this, and the only way I feel that BB/Ubi will know there is still a huge demand is to let them know vocally (well via writing). If we as players stay silent then the powers that be may never bring back a similar deal.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    totally agree, first time i decide to buy some and they stop selling them lol.... please bring them back.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    1 month of amazon telling us it'll be shipped 3-7th sept just to be told today it is no longer available from bluebyte

It's just not right come on BB give us an option in the shop for these codes

Chipsticks
    (RBC)
    NorthIsle

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Guys, I think it is precisely because there is a huge demand for them that the Starter packs are being withdrawn. Either BB/Ubi thought their player base was so dumb they would not recognise the huge savings we could make by buying the packs, not look beyond the word 'starter', or they seriously underestimated the negative impact the packs would inevitably have on gem sales. Either way I doubt they will be brought back in any similar form, digital or otherwise, for the players benefit.

I think BB/Ubi, given the huge fanfare and weeks of hype before the launch of the packs, have behaved shamefully, withdrawing them without any notification to players. Neither warning nor explaination. No doubt they will blame us.....saying the packs were clearly labelled 'Starter' so not intended for our benefit.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    totaly agree! it is realy frustrating that i can not buy a starters packet with that nice BHG & gem vouchers any where! pls start selling them!

Original Serf
    Ireland -where all the cool companies stash the cash
    World
    Northisle
    I have spent 2 months getting my character to lvl 42 and saved every gem i got during that time and after reaching lvl 39 finally got my BH general, Now I am 42 I have about 700 gems , even with +200 per level (max lvl 50) i have no hope of ever getting a Vet General 5000 gems, these starter packs were a good idea perhaps 12 quid was a bit cheap for them compared to what they have gems on sale for.

Give us an option in the shop to buy these starter codes at least u can cut down on the production cost of the retail boxes and get revenue in quicker.

I never heard of a company saying "we had to pull the product as demand was too high"

D............
    Last edited by Dezy; 08.09.12 at 07:24.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    this must be the most badly thought business decision i ever heard of. i mean, people buying S-packs are never going to buy gems instead. i speak here for myself and some other ppl i know, who are saving up to buy 10 S-pack @ once. now i was almost done with getting the cash together and they pull them down. i will NEVER spend that cash on only gems, it was the other things that made me think of buying. so now instead of ~100 GBP BB will get nothing from me and at least 5 other people. that sure is supposed to be very good for the business, duh....

World
    Newfoundland
    bring them back pls!!! sighhhhhh .. bad times!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yup i have to agree. Theyre crazy if they think that withdrawing the packs will suddenly make people start buying those overpriced gems in the shop.
    All they have done is cut off a large source of revenue for them selves.
    Who writes their business plans for them ???
    I think he needs sacked :S

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Totally agree with everything said, I had a £50 order of the starter packs cancelled with Amazon along with the rest of the people. I sure won't be spending £50 on the over-priced gems in the game store, so they just lost another £50 from me. Shameful that it's been pulled without even a word from them. Makes me wonder if I should continue playing this game, everything is too expensive and Starter Packs were the only things that represented value for money.

Closed Thread