Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Daily/Guild Quests, "make available" and possible misconceptions

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Daily/Guild Quests, "make available" and possible misconceptions

There is this notion that "make available" this or that means that you lose it upon completing the quest. Has this been properly tested, though? Because I seem to recall having the same reservations myself, but upon testing found that I didn't actually lose anything, that if a quest requires you to "make available", say, 200 bread, it simply means you have to have that much bread in storage. As I see it it's a variant of "raise your stock of X by...", except you are free to choose how you fill your stores. So I don't think you're giving anything away, unless it takes a long time for the stock to be removed.

Similarly, I've gotten the quest to train a few soldiers a couple of times. What I then do is I simply take the required number of soldiers out of one of my armies, finish the quest, and then put them back in. I don't lose them.

Is there someone who has positive knowledge that they've lost the resources they needed to "make available"? What do the devs say?

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    The times i checked if i lost resources to guild quests, i always lost them.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Could there be a difference in how daily quests and guild quests are handled? I'm not a member of any guild, and so have no experience with guild quests. But I am pretty sure I've never lost anything to daily quests -- but if "make available" does mean you lose the resources, many of the quests are indeed outrageous.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Speaking as a regular on the help channel I can assure you 'make available' really does mean the goods will be taken from the player. The loud and long screams of outrage from players, particuarly those who have just lost 100 gc with next to nothing in return, testify to that every day of the week.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I fell victim to this today. I dont understand why it is not worded to say "you will lose whatever resource is asked of when completeing" I personally think the guild quests are worse then trade scammers so in theory bluebyte are scamming us...

The guild quest I so stupidly completed this morning was 600 gold ore with a reward of 10gc. Who in there right mind would give 600 gold ore for 10gc?? That is something someone trying to scam you would offer so my question is why are quests setup to do this? I feel robbed... It was even worse I borrowed 400 gold ore from a fellow player so I could complete quest then I had to tell him I could not give back.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Make 'Available' 150 Settlers.
    *click*
    Population: -141

Ow......

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by TotoMok View Post
    Make 'Available' 150 Settlers.
    *click*
    Population: -141

Ow......
    Haha, Toto, that happened to me too. I'm pretty sure though that it reset back to 0 after I logged off and logged back on again. Not sure if this is a bug or not...

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Yep it goes alright.... make available 2k bronze..... click..... all gone

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    the guild quests are an out and out scam, our guild is boycotting them due to their eronious demands, but for some reason, despite our guild boss deleting them, bb have decided that we should still have them cluttering up our quest window all day every day even after being sent countless messages pleading to get rid of them for us

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes always lose the ones that say make available

Reply to Thread