Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: suggestions for additional drains - help improve game economy

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Proddy, i am not sure if i would go so far as your idea of ageing troops.

Because people play at different rates, the difference that this would make across the whole player base would be vast, from the person who puts a great deal time into the game too just the casual weekend player. ie some people would get lots of usage out of the weapons/troops and some people would get very little usage.

Maybe look more at a usage amount, therefore people playing at different rates would be uneffected.

I personnally would just like to see finished weapons taken out of the adventure loot rewards and only have production materials and resources.

atm. very few people have built the high end buildings because there is just no need to do so and the one's that have, have just done it for the fun of it.

btw, i don't understand how you think that it is not easier for new players, when i first needed, for instance Steel Swords they were at 1:1 for gc, (actually that is why i built a steel weaponsmith) now you can get a 400 stack for 140 gc.

Davey

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    well, money is different now than back then.. was the same for me.. in terms of catching up, it is virtually impossible, since the players with the high production sit on such a massive share of the market - if they had drains aswell, it would be a lot easier catching up to them + low level production would be worth a lot more. my point is there has to be some sort of decay on army and thereby a drain on end game weapons.. it cannot be true that these are 1-time investments for every player.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    but ofc it depends on how you look at it.. i like to look at the performances as relative..
    im looking forward to when the eco shuts down due to the massive demand for gold mine refills.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    i can solve this in one thing make more and bigger advs where you have to lose X amount cannoners and X amount of xbowers DONE and as for the ecconomy would be stimulated by an in flux of gold coin if people aint got it they cant spend it so things get cheaper on a game like this at least (shame it dont work like that in real life!)

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Personally i think what DavyDent and Ironbobi say are the bigger problems. Those weapons should not be given as rewards on adventures. As it is right now, there is as good as no reason to make those production buildings other than for fun.

But what i would like is an incentive to loose the higher tier troops, and not only recruits, bowmen and cavalry. For instance by increasing the rewards on adventures by a large amount if you only take an x amount of casualties. And then in a few steps, so the less amount of troops you loose, the larger the reward.

World
    Newfoundland
    thats one thing the devs could do Dilbe but how about add something more hmm lets say that for each lost settler the player will lose 5exp from the adventure, but to not make it too hurting lets say that each leader camp killed extra exp or just make higher rewords for killing bandits.
    i short the less settlers you lose the more exp you will get not sure how too make it but this way better units might be used more often by high lvl players

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    it still doesnt change the fact that high-end weapons will be 1-time investments.. there needs to be a drain somehow, or the prices will keep dropping, wether or not they are given as reward or has to be produced.. it will just take a bit longer.. do u really not see the problem?

Xandathrii
    Add more adventures that requires larger loss of Cannons, Elites soldiers and xbowmen, and the demand on these items will increase, and so the prices, easy peasy.. Cant be that hard to draw up som enew adventures can it?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    i agree all we need is higher end adventures that eat up the high end stuff easy to make and also would fix it

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I'll allow myself to bump this post, as i still think it is worth discussing.. Does no1 back me up on the fixed mortality rate idea? I came up with another alternative. losing 1% of the troops you send to adventures as "travel losses": you know its dangerous out there!

Reply to Thread