Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: suggestions for additional drains - help improve game economy

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

suggestions for additional drains - help improve game economy

Ok, my point is quite simple.. the economy of this game is completely [censored] up, because there is a lack of drains. Especially on the end-game resources like for instance xbows and cannons + the materials used to make these. If these resources are one-time purchases, they will keep dropping in price, making them practically useless.. that must not be the case, since it destroys the entire economy.

I have a few simple suggestions that would help a lot on the game economy, even though it would probably not be welcomed by many players..

One idea could be to introduce a mortality rate on army units - say 1% of your total army dies each day (or mayb 5% per week or so). This would also be very easy to implement, but it should be a rolling decay imo, since a weekly or daily bump would hit some players harder than others.

Another idea could be to add an age of soldiers, which would require a lot more work to introduce, but making a unit retire after maybe 30-60 days could also be an idea of how to fix the flawed economy.

Let this thread be the beginning of a discussion of how to save the in-game economy.
    And lets keep it in a proper tone please...

No Swearing allowed
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 29.09.12 at 16:00.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    I sorta miss the problem to your solution.

The problem you have is that the cannons, crossbows and highest tier swords are not as expensive as you would expect/want?

After a while they might drop low enough that those units could become more expendable. The market will adjust, i don't see how that makes it "completely [censored]". The prices adjust to supply and demand like everything else in the market.

Please refrain from using profanity.

Thank you,
    Sinister-King
    Last edited by Sinister-King; 07.10.12 at 16:41.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I second that!.... Economy adjusts to demand, hence prices will vary from time to time. I see no problem with this, so see no justification for such a suggestion.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    dont we lose enuf i mean i spend a ton just to upgrade

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    u guys completely miss the point.. its not simply supply and demand here.. its an in-game economy, so there has to be implemented certain drains, else prices will keep dropping, as is already the case. all materials are dropping in price, and this will continue, since ppl produce tons more than they need. and cannons and xbows will never be used as meat shields, hence the prices will continue to drop, untill endgame weapons are as cheap per hp as early game ones - and actually even cheaper cuz of the production time of these units. dont u think that is pathetic? whats it the point of having a game where some of the high-end resources are as valuable as dung? if u fail to see the problem, i feel with u..
    Last edited by Proddy; 10.09.12 at 11:30.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Proddy View Post
    Ok, my point is quite simple.. the economy of this game is completely [censored], because there is a lack of drains. Especially on the end-game resources like for instance xbows and cannons + the materials used to make these. If these resources are one-time purchases, they will keep dropping in price, making them practically useless.. that must not be the case, since it destroys the entire economy.

I have a few simple suggestions that would help a lot on the game economy, even though it would probably not be welcomed by many players..

One idea could be to introduce a mortality rate on army units - say 1% of your total army dies each day (or mayb 5% per week or so). This would also be very easy to implement, but it should be a rolling decay imo, since a weekly or daily bump would hit some players harder than others.

Another idea could be to add an age of soldiers, which would require a lot more work to introduce, but making a unit retire after maybe 30-60 days could also be an idea of how to fix the flawed economy..

Let this thread be the beginning of a discussion of how to save the in-game economy.
    And lets keep it in a proper tone please...
    Interesting topic,

As Proddy rightly mentioned, please keep this debate civil.

I encourage you guys to discuss this in a contructive manner.

Thank you

BB_Dantesama
    Last edited by Sniped; 15.10.12 at 06:14. Reason: swear in quote

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    well thing is furst of all low price favor new players so its a good thing and high players produse more so they make gc any way

if you was to lose money for nothing it would just be a problem if you want lose stuff now do adventures and you be fine

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    u dont understand the problem, morgy.. there is a flaw in this economy. and i assure u that the developers know about this problem. this thread is supposed to help them improve the game economy to make it more durable.. at this point many resources are being piled up, because they have no purpose in end-game.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    besides, u are very wrong if u think that lower prices favour new players more. they dont...

World
    Newfoundland
    if you ask me the problem with cannons it that you can get'em on adventures if the only way would be too make them than the price would be sky high
    geting so much cannons from a single adventure makes their price very low
    geting 150 cannons is as if you would get an extra week of their production (no buff)
    Last edited by Ironbobi; 10.09.12 at 16:00.

Reply to Thread