Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: suggestions for additional drains - help improve game economy

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    To fix economy we need more adventures, playable , because all peeps are playing 4-5 advs , all the rest must be deleted and make new ones, balanced , balanced as respect to troop loss/loot ratio , and make them impossible to finish them only with R , neither with 1000C ..if i am going to lose 1000C ..loot must be gr8 ! not like Dark Brotherhood, exp also must be nice. In other words if we are going to lose valuable troops loot and exp must be higher to give us a motive to do so.Also it would be nice to have a new adv every month or so.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    I dislike the suggestions where hard-earned, expensive troops are forced to get killed. Having strong units needs to be a benefit, not a cost. This suggestion aims at stopping the flooding of the market with excess weapons by offering players something they actually benefit from.
    Currently players carry lots of excess xbows, damascenes and other high end weapons in excess due to the fact that loots drop them excessively, while it's not necessary to lose much else than recruits in adventures. Some cavalry and soldiers may be required for some boss camps, but no sensible player willingly sacrifices e.g. crossbowmen. Thus crossbows from adventures build up in the inventory. Currently they sell them cheaply in the market since there is no better use for them.
    One solution to this abundance of weapons is to add a new tier of stronger weapons that will NOT be found in loot. They will need to be crafted from scratch using titanium ore, iron/steel etc. thus making it sensible again to produce also other materials than bread, brew and bronze swords. The provision house could have an option for upgrading the lower tier weapons much like the scaffold rods now. The production and conversion should have balanced costs (currently no one uses the prov option since the costs are outrageously high) to make both methods feasible. In practice high setup costs of production buildings would encourage the use of provision house conversion, thus making high-end weapons necessary far beyond their current use.
    This way the demand for the current high-end weapons will rise again, and high-level players will consume the weapons they find in loot to craft even more powerful ones. It's true that in time even these new weapons will start to exist in excess. However, if executed properly, this measure will cause players to use 10-20 times more of the high-end weapons than what they currently do. Once the top ranking players have been able to accumulate large armies of troops using these new weapons, a new level cap and a higher tier will be called for anyway.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    I think this is an very interesting topic and I'm surprised it ended without an actual solution.
    The question raised is very real indeed. At the moment nobody is really making crossbows, d swords or even longbows. In our guild I'm begging the newbies to use my endless supply of longbows because they are cluttering up my star menu.
    The solution I think is pretty simple: accidents and friendly fire. You deploy 250Cav, surely some unlucky b*stard gets thrown of his horse and breaks his neck.
    For real, on top of the combat losses, you get n% of accidents with 0%<n<1%.
    And bb stops with giving guns and xbows and gives granite instead. I'm sure nobody would complain. ;-)

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Wreckless not only I do not make crossbows and d swords, I do not even feel the need to have this expensive buildings. After I conquered my island (long time ago) everything sort of ended

World
    Newfoundland
    I can see what the OP is trying to say and to an extent I agree with it. But I completely disagree with the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Proddy View Post
    because they have no purpose in end-game.
    That to me is what needs to be addressed. The decaying solution isn’t giving the units a purpose though. All it does is give them a time limit.

Farms, wells, mines, additional trade slots, gold deposits, basket buffs, fish food, deer musk, not to mention useless explorers that keep coming back with map frags after giving them 30 coins and 150 sausages a pop. There are many drains and sink holes on our resources already we don’t need to lose more, especially without actually gaining anything in return!

Introducing decay on our army is just asking BB to come along and hit us over the head after telling them we’re glutens for punishment. I think it might even have the opposite effect then what it should and instead some people won’t use the higher level units anymore since if they don’t use them they die and if they do use them in an adventure without losses they’ll come back and die anyway. To me it would almost seem like a tax for using higher level units. Play styles would just adjust to have only cheaper units for fear of the more expensive ones decaying which could make the market crash even worse for not just xbows and cannons but some of the other units as well. We need to be rewarded for having and loosing them in combat, not penalised for just having them.

Like I have read in some of the replies already what I think would be better to implement are new adventures that require us to use cannons or xbows and loose a number of them in order to attack some enemies. For example there could be a new map that is just a small staging area for us to land our troops on and around the island are a number of enemy boats. We need to use our cannons in order to fire at the boats from the shoreline. The enemy of course would be heavily armed and have multiple cannons of there own. So when they fire back our cannons get destroyed too. It would then be a give and take calculation on how many recruits we put in front of our cannons to protect them over having more cannons to destroy more of the enemies. The cannon losses shouldn’t be massive though otherwise no one would do the map. I’m thinking somewhere around the 20-30 lose bracket (With recruit or other losses as well). The idea being it’s just enough to keep them in demand to make them have an as stable price as recruits have. The reward for using and loosing the cannons would need to be carefully thought about though so we actually want to do the new adventures and lose the cannons. They don’t need to be a nords, just so long as they ain’t anything close to a SotV in terms of loss vs. rewards.

The market responds to many factors not just one thing like how well Cannons sell for. Everything stays relative to everything else in terms of cost and player income. If you make 100gc a day and 1000 bread costs 10gc then tomorrow if you make 90gc then in all likely hood bread will start to cost 11gc because others will have made less and will try to compensate for it by charging more for things. Then they start to make 110gc by the following day and are then willing to compete in price again so the price goes back down to 10gc. Xbows will never cost less then bronze swords because there would come a point when buying xbows and loosing xbows would then be more financially sound then buying the bronze swords.

I don’t believe the market is ever truly in decline. Things might seem like there always getting cheaper or more expensive but that just means else where in the market other things are going up or down instead. Things that might not help the market or make it stagnate might be players reaching 50 and just collecting wealth and stocks of resources. But that is a problem only a little related to what were discussing and there are much better ways to solve that problem, most importantly more FUN ways to solve it.

Putting decay in anyway into this game is just giving BB licence to slow us down even more, make us grind it all out for longer. If it just so happened to do its job and make Cannon prices rise I don’t see how it helps the economy at all. I think it actually then would create a decline in over all spending and resources available and make everyone slowly poorer and ultimately just make the game take that much longer to grind out. Any solution implemented needs to be in the form of a positive action not a negative one like a decaying army.
    Last edited by Dopey; 03.01.13 at 14:56.
    A little less compensation, a little more action please
    All this compensation ain't satisfactioning me
    A little more content and a little less bugged
    A little less inconvenient and a little more hugged
    Re-do PvP so its actually PvP and bluebyte satisfy me.
    Satisfy me bluebyte.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hopefully PvP will solve these problems

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    If you were able to "split up" highend troops/mats to lower onces this problem would go away. The split would ofc have to be profitable compared to making the lower troops/mats.
    Its pretty insane that copper is as valuable as it is atm

But this is an interesting discussion that is currently going on in most MMOs and even also in an academic level.

Best regards

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ironbobi, I take it you've reached level 50. Players in the lower 40's don't get to play such adventures to give them cannons, plus we don't use cannoneers until level 48. Maybe the adventures need to be adapted according to your level, let more xbows and cannons be lost. Also, when building garrisons it costs you materials to setup and move about your island and adventure islands???

Reply to Thread