Reply to Thread

Thread: CPU usage always 100% from flash

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

CPU usage always 100% from flash

The game always spins a process thread inside adobe flash to its fullest, meaning that one CPU core is always fully used, leading to draining battery at an increased rate when not power connected, inability to have the game always open (especially if you only have one core or CPU or maybe two), and general slowness for no apparent reason.
    I can only imagine (as a professional programmer) that this is some non-optimal coding in the animation framework or something, making the animations update as often as possible by the CPU or whatnot, either way, this is not really acceptable and makes one close the game often, making it impossible to follow the chats and help channel.
    Please optimize and fix this.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    I have been noting similar problems on my system causing it to be unnecessarily slow at times or very glitchy..

Now I am no programmer but is there not a simpler option by where we can deactivate the little animals and walking men animations on slower systems? The animations are pretty cool but does me no good if spoiling my game-play..

thanx for listening to my 2 cents.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    The dev team is always trying to smooth out the game to its full potential.

However, I can understand that this could be problematic. I will report this to the appropriate department.

Regards

BB_Dantesama

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    In firefox, when i go to another tab, the resource use goes down a lot. I assume the other browsers work the same. So you can keep it open if the cpu use is causing you trouble, just open another tab and switch back when you want to trade or read up on chat.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbe View Post
    In firefox, when i go to another tab, the resource use goes down a lot. I assume the other browsers work the same. So you can keep it open if the cpu use is causing you trouble, just open another tab and switch back when you want to trade or read up on chat.
    Unfortunately it doesn't behave like that for me in linux with chromium, but I do need to upgrade it a bit to see. It looks like latest firefox on Windows does either force background tabs to not use resources or successfully notifies the flash process in its plugin-container that it's in the background (or back in active tab) and the game acts on that.
    Of course either way unexplained full CPU usage is not nice for a simple game, 3D and much more complex games take 100% only when at its limits on some processing work in a burst triggered by user input, and never always.

Reply to Thread