Reply to Thread

Thread: Keyboard lag and slow game in Firefox

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland

Question Keyboard lag and slow game in Firefox

Since sometime last week this game has become unplayable for me using Firefox (version 15.0.1) I believe it was after I updated my Flash version to 11.4.402.265, the game is really unresponsive, typing in the chat window suffers from terrible lag. I have confirmed it is not a PC issue as it is the same on two different machines at different locations (work/home), other members of my guild report the same problem. Typing in the chat window can be 10+ seconds behind what you have keyed and the shift button doesn't line up with the letter you held it against. Also the cursor can get wildly behind what you are hovering over on the screen and you have to wait for it to catch up. Opening the game in IE/Chrome does not show same problem. Is there an official log on this issue?

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi Baggis,

No official logs on this issue (yet).

We are aware there has been a few issues with lag as of late and chat as well.

The dev team is working on it.

Expect some notes and updates on this matter soon.

Regards

BB_Dantesama
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

World
    Newfoundland
    Hi have no guild chat, and also i keep losing normal chat, server keeps refreshing, so im in a guild and carnt talk to no one,,,, good or wot,,,,,,,,,

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi, I had exactly the same problem with lag, I thought it was my computer, I reinstalled windows, only to find I cant get into the game, I only get as far as the login queue, and no further.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I have this issue in chrome and firefox!!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Same here. I have all latest updates for Firefox and flash. A lot of lagging and same problems as the TC. It started for 1-2months ago and it is getting worser and worser. When i log in and the map is loading, i have to wait over 1 minute to all sprites is loaded up. Have deleted my caches and such but nothing helps.

World
    Newfoundland
    There's a good add on for Firefox users called "Memory fox" that might help some users. I use it but still have the occasional lag issues. I don't want to tell anyone how to suck eggs but also clearing the cache might help.
    "With great power comes great responsibility"

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    That horrible lag sounds familair, i already informed support about this situation and I know that some more people are having the same issues.
    Its getting worse and worse when you have two adventures open, closing the second one might help a bit, but not much.

Reply to Thread