Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pvp

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle

Pvp

As I look forward to pvp and I did not read any posts about possible pvp set up, herewith some suggestions, if they are already made, just ignore them!

In summary many times I see small discussions on how pvp could look in this game. In my view this would be a terrific addition to the game if well implemented. My suggestions are:

- Let people have access to pvp once they are level 20 (so not at direct start).
    - It will be played on a seperate pvp island.
    - They will be 1 versus 1 matches (at least at start).
    - The pvp battle should not last more than 90 minutes.
    - The pvp battle consists of a race to a set target, e.g. conquer island first in a timed race rather then battle direct against each other. How to conquer island can be battles against varios camps across the pvp island.
    - Resources need to be equalized and normalized at the start

If there was already something posted than please ignore this I looked a little and did not see it.

Thanks!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    you know this gona be tuff not that i like pvp i do warn you i got 12 gen and i am ready to use them all

also if a gen number 13 will give me advantage i am more then willing to get hold of that

so how are you fealing this gona be fair play i would like to ask considdering some only got the free gens and some like me got 12

meaning if i am up against 1 guy with 3/4 gens i will be finiced befor he even got all hiss trops on this island

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Well I guess the tough thing is to get balance and fair play indeed. Perhaps starting with level playfield at start as I suggested as last line mights solution that...

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    i have one for pvp ... i am craziest player here i made suicide missions helping on some people who sell my free give stuffs on chat...so i got cheated on easter event because i give eggs for resources and stuffs (i was newby) and i dont have Vet.general so if is some like that ( SOMEONE ATTACK MY ISLAND ) it have option that i can demolish all buildings and i can easy quit from the game...and he can take all storehouse or mayor house if he want...i am almost 1 year here.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by morgy321 View Post
    you know this gona be tuff not that i like pvp i do warn you i got 12 gen and i am ready to use them all

also if a gen number 13 will give me advantage i am more then willing to get hold of that

so how are you fealing this gona be fair play i would like to ask considdering some only got the free gens and some like me got 12

meaning if i am up against 1 guy with 3/4 gens i will be finiced befor he even got all hiss troops on this island

Well all that you have just said is just utter stupid not to mention big headed.. the whole idea of pvp will be an equal opportunity so that players on similar setting and setups etc can battle it out.
    And before you start a match against another player you should be able to see how many gens and what kind of gens these people have.

I have 4 normal gens 2 vets and 3 BH so i wont be to worried about the competition but I would obviously like to be up against people with similar set ups as me so that we can have fair battles and not just go in and crush the smaller guys.

So before you come in boasting of what you have please look at the logic behind this and it will more than likely be guild vs guild etc instead of directly player vs player as this is going to be so hard to implement that i wouldn't be surprised if we are waiting another 6 months at least until they get this working and sorted out.. well if it ever does actually happen so good luck with your 12 gens, wow you must be the best on your server lol (not)

And I wish we could battle against the other servers as I would take you on even with what I have now in place.

To everyone else I really hope they get a plan and fair game together as it will certainly add many more hours of fun to the game.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTmacedon View Post
    i have one for pvp ... i am craziest player here i made suicide missions helping on some people who sell my free give stuffs on chat...so i got cheated on easter event because i give eggs for resources and stuffs (i was newby) and i dont have Vet.general so if is some like that ( SOMEONE ATTACK MY ISLAND ) it have option that i can demolish all buildings and i can easy quit from the game...and he can take all storehouse or mayor house if he want...i am almost 1 year here.

It will never be about demolishing other peoples islands.. how would that ever work.. knowone would play ever again.. it will be an opt in option where you can choose your opponent and guild based on gens held and level and skill etc.. you will not be demolishing anyone's buildings as that would just be plain stupid.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    i am just saying its gona be hard to make it fair play is all i meant i dont like pvp and i am perfectly happy not doing it

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    no i was think that if pvp be like someone attack my island mate... i will not demolish any player island..i will demolish my island you get me wrong...i am saying this because i never get chance to get one vet general.like someone have 20 generals and i have only 4 normal.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Megavin thanks for your helpful suggestions. I think in essence somehow it needs to be indeed on a level playing field, the suggestion with server vs. server could be fun. It might just have to boild down to some kind of resource race build up....This game is not geared around combat the essence is resource build up and management which should be the main driver rather then destroying islands...Eg the option to take faster with same resources an island which can give you for the time you have it (which is capped) some more resources for your main island is also a nice one

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I think if PvP is done and it can either: take resources from other players, destroy other's buildings, be able to attack them while they are offline or cause their generals to need recovering... I think many people will quit, including me.

I think PvP on this would just need to be like the trade system used to be, someone sends a battle request, listing how many generals they want to send an you either accept or reject it.

End result should be exp - would be a good idea if you could also bet gold on the outcome; say you decide to take 100 gold into the match, if you win double your money + any gold the other users brings into the battle. Otherwise you lose all the gold and men.

Reply to Thread