Reply to Thread

Thread: Terraforming - opening more space for building placement

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Wink Terraforming - opening more space for building placement

it seems that there are a lot of areas on the map which will not allow building placement. As the game has grown and players islands become very busy, it would be great to either just make a load of extra squares available for building placement (many opportunities for this around the island edges) or maybe offer the chance to build a foundation on some of these squares. i am not thinking that you need to lose all of the mountains or forests but a percentage extra (maybe 10% extra squares).

so you could make it more appropriate for higher levels you introduce a new character at LV40 or so. He is Surveyor or Groundworker
    The pathway menu could have a "Foundation" item which you can place on one of the available squares to allow a foundation for standard building.
    the square should have a cost ... some squares might cost more than others, like near a resource (fish, marble etc).
    once you have a foundation on one of these squares you can place any building on it and move stuff on or off of it It becomes like the rest of the playing area.

If you have a suggestion to make this better please add below. If you disagree, please leave some constrictive feedback so I can understand why it is not a good thing or how i can improve the idea.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    deffenently agree we need more space for sure

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Right now I have 320 licenses, but most my houses still use one.

If I actually replace those with store houses, add a couple of wells my island would be pretty full. I expect in total the island can have around 450 buildings.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    well i got all the lisenses i can and only nobles houses and 36 silos and 34 water mills lets say i have a hard time placeing good

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I want this!
    So far this is about the only complaint I have with the game, that you cannot build on cleared area's. I think a surveyor or a "stump-clearer" would be a wonderful idea if one does not wish to replant tree's in certain area's and instead build more.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Part of the fun and difficulty is the placing of buildings and knowing that you only have a finite amount of land to build and exploit.

Already the game has been dumbed down by making the move function, next the ground crew who level mountains, fill in rivers? Might as well give everyone an unlimited ground space and say off you go . . . I have managed to get as far as lvl 44 with only 200 licenses (6 not being used), would be nice to have 36 silos, and 34 water mills on top of the 1 watermill I currently have (Christmas present from BB - I think!), but it ain't going to happen and I still have loads of island to build on.

So no, I'm not in favour of this suggestion

Reply to Thread