Reply to Thread

Thread: Too high a cost?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Too high a cost?

10 steel swords to get one soldier?? 40 horses for one Cavalry??? Question........ How many arms do soldiers have and how many horses can one ass ride at once??

Some serious thought needs to go into troop requirements. Come on guys........ seriously....... one soldier = 1 sword surely?

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Would it make you happier if 1 sword took 10 times more resources and time to make? Or horses 40x? It would then take 80 wheat, 160 water to get one horse. In 4 hours. I suppose that'd work. I'm guessing though that the numbers are bigger to reflect the space they take in storage. After all, 100 horses is slightly bigger pile than 100 sausages.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    storage isnt the issue, what thread did you read?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    well i dont know why its just game design live with it any way what was the sugjestion for the game

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    THAT part of the game is perfectly balanced. A Dark Brotherhood - when just going for the loot - takes 1000 cavalry - that is 40.000 horses. I have done 30 of them. So when you lvl up - you will see that the prices for troops are right. Sooo - lvl up. ;-)

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    1000cavalry? i suppose, you are a high level player, when you have enough production and storage capacity to keep 40000 horses, resp. 1000 cavalry only, then also other soldiers and workers

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    This is a slow game... There are many players here that started playing Settlers a "while" ago.

You can compare it to other browser games, and decide that you like it or not. Some of us like the slow pace - it allows us to pretend we have a Real Life, we can have a nice chat without worrying that someone comes and destroys our hard work.

You can let this game become all about chat... You can make it about creating an efficient island, working the trade system for profit (whilst still following the rules).

You can also play this game without spending money on it.. I have spent money, but there are plenty of others that have not.

The adventures are rated for difficulty - and will give you some idea of how hard it will be to complete. Buildings are available at different levels - just because it is available does not mean it makes sense to make one. To some of us - these little quirks is what we enjoy.

Whilst the game has a lot of aspects that are similar to the "PC" games in the Settlers, it is not the same. Players either enjoy it or not - and we can all choose whether to continue or not.

Some aspects made no sense to me at earlier levels, some are now making sense, some still don't - but I play because I'm having fun

Reply to Thread