Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    sadly i still do copper mines evry day uh

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland

Cool

Sure its nasty rebuilding but its part of the game,changes will be very very unfair for those who been rebuilding even more fields and wells over more gametime.
    Either invest cash on a more luxery game or play for free and play the game BB provides.

Sure id like my coppermines to never run out we all do, I dont wanna pay for it so ill rebuild my mines almost dailly, My 15 silo's made rebuilding fields bit more easy but neva provide enough fields for 60ish farms so iam really happy BB makes me able get 3!!! for free!!! Waterwheels from easter and starterpacks in combi with wells made i got only 12k water to little each 24h,offcourse i need too rebuildt the wells asap or end up buying/tradeing more then dailly 12k min, and i play like this for months.

my point if you dislike rebuilding either go on spending frenzy or just be humble like 99% players and put in the effort of rebuilding to enable you to gain levels and play without great costs.

You are offered free transport but really gotta pay for a Rolls with driver

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think the fairest thing would be a separate build queue for these two items. Well it gets my vote

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    I always thought it was supposed to be a bit of a chore to rebuild, as the 'idea' behind using gems is to remove the 'chore' in the game (rather than give any real huge competitive advantage).

If the 'chore' is gone, so is the incentive to buy gems, and therefore a revenue stream.
    If the 'chore' is still there, then there is an incentive to buy gems, but the advantage is only convenience rather than any real strong in-game advantage.

That being said, it would be great if when a water deposit is depleted I had a way to find... where! (I sometimes notice after the message is gone). A means of cycling through all depeleted water/farm resources would be nice.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Been away (again) for a few days so not kept up with the thread as much as I would have liked.

I appreciate this is a slightly sensitive subject - more so because some people have spent money to try and remove some of the bind that we all face. Hopefully somebody at BB will recognise that the currently set up doesn't add any flavour to the game, it's the equivalent of putting fuel into a vehicle - a necessary and costly evil.

Looking at the various comments, Wheat fields seem to be a bigger issue than Wells to the point that people are generally satisfied with how wells work (they hold 5 times the quantity which I think is the reason). I believe that the general consensus is:

Implement a 2nd queue for fields & wells - OR - reduce the build time to 10 second (my preference)

The silo mechanic would still work for the above, however I feel that they need to receive a boost that actually makes them worth while. One example would be providing a yield boost to all adjacent fields - a level 2 silo would add +2 to any farm using an adjacent field. This would actually make a huge difference - you can fit 6 fields round a silo so that would benefit 6 farms!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    You can also look on it another way: if you didn't have to look after depleted mines and fields and wells, there is precious little else to do once you've cleared the homeland and done of few of the adventures that are just 'more of the same'. I've also been here a few months now and yes, I've spent a tenner or so in real coins on gems - bought my friend a watermill since I couldn't give him what I had intended to give: the recycler that I took and am happy with. But boy oh boy is my interest in SOL waning or what... Shame really. I played RS for many years and had hoped to find here a new home. The replacement of stuff at least gives me the inclination to come in the game and have a look. Not sure how long that will keep me going :-). The suggestions are all very solid but I'd rather have more land - not just a holiday isle to swipe. More land to explore, build and maintain. More of SettlersI. More campaigns. More diversion. Anyway, I can hear my geologist calling... work to be done.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I just do something else while I'm waiting for them to build.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well, sorry to have to say this but I've moved on. It just became too boring and the Haloween thing didn't help having experienced it at length on the testserver. Shame really. I used to love pc settlers I.

Reply to Thread