Reply to Thread

Thread: How to stop other players, playing the game.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Angry How to stop other players, playing the game.

I came on to trade, selected multiple items from the trade board; nobody responds, now my stock has to wait 8 hours for auto decline and I am left without. This has to be changed, why penalise other traders from playing, when the person who has posted the trade can not be bothered to acknowledge their own trades?

Surely a half hour wait is ample time to accept/decline a trade and if the trader can't hang around that length of time, at least other player's games will not be halted.

World
    Newfoundland
    Dont forget that players from other time zones also play on this server for example Asia and Australia/New Zealand,so chances are they have put trades up before bed,the 8 hours gives everyone a chance to trade where ever they come from,also alot of players play before work then cannot log in again until they get home in the evening,so not all players are available to accept/decline straight away

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I do appreciate that, but they are able to trade when they play, whatever time zone people are on, are they not? So if they are at work, or asleep, sure they wont trade.... because they are not actively playing & it would make trade move faster when they do come and play the game. And if they are asleep or at work, then they are not trading anyway.

I do accept, I was incorrect, to say that they could not be bothered.
    Last edited by Kamedroen; 29.09.12 at 23:24.

World
    Newfoundland
    remember to update your trade list, before you send trade request. I sometimes get old trades, after 8-9 hours after i posted trade. Sometimes I decline, sometimes I ignore, hoping players regulary update trade list.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I agree, it's seriously annoying to not get a response from a trader, far better option would be to make the trade offer obsolete as soon as the player goes innactive rather than have to wait 8 hours

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes, that would be an excellent solution!

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Hehe, you are talking to Worlds most impatient woman. I update my trade list every few mins.... sometimes seconds

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Expect some very interesting changes when they finally get all the bugs out of the new trade system - no waiting, you will have to have the resources before selling, amounts to sell only limited by what you have - the pseudo word "stack" becomes obsolete . . . things look good to me.

Oh and just to show this is on topic - selling goods are taken out when you post your trade and when you buy the transaction is virtually immediate . . . of course if you had a full store house and tried to sell at a silly high price and didn't succeed, then you will have fun trying to fit stuff back in your storehouse!

Reply to Thread