Reply to Thread

Thread: Buffing friends, second charge to self with +50% as well

Nifty
    World
    Northisle

Buffing friends, second charge to self with +50% as well

Buffing friends for a greater benefit is a very nice feature, makes the game more social. However, I'd prefer if I could just buff my friends buildings whenever and still get something out of it myself. The current buff bug then gave me an idea; what if:
    All buffs come with 2 charges: one for using it on friend, one for using it on self. If you use it on a friend, BOTH charges get +50% duration. If you're anti-social and just use it on self, then it's spent with regular duration. You can buff same friend only once per hour.
    Implications: People would buff friends with everything. No need to wait for them to be online. No need to actually try to trade buffs with strangers. And it would remove the need to even fix the exploitable buff bug: everyone would get the benefits of that exploit (+50% more) automatically. You'd also want to get more friends (if you need to use 50 baskets, you'd need to visit 50 of them due to 1 per friend limit) and be friendly to them, so they'd pick you as the guy they'd visit to do their buffs (thus getting you 1 totally free buff per such visit).
    Last edited by Borotaur; 02.10.12 at 12:45.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1 sometimes when i swap to many baskets its very hard to find some1 for buff.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    That would mean that you have to spend hours, if you want to apply 50 buffs (visit friend, buff -> go home island -> buff yourself -> go another firend's island and buff -> go to home-island again and buff yourself)... so you have to load 50 different islands (and your own island between every of those)...

It'd take ages. What if you just could mark the buildings in order you want to be buffed (if you are not online, and friend visits you, he'll buff your priority buildings you marked in order), and auto-unsleep (once buffed, they wake up)... Would work better.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    if you have problems swaping buff just sell yours and then buy back seems to work good

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I was once involved in a regular basket swap and found it so time consuming and as it was at night, it dictated what times I had to be online before hand for the timings - a real pain was glad when it finished . . .

I now find myself in the state where I have limited buildings to buff (most resources are full so normal production keeps them topped up) so do it myself, might cost be a few more buffs, but I don't have to worry about forgetting / going out - any problems are mine and mine alone.

The current system is simple and reasonably quick, it's not broke so why attempt to fix it.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I also had a somewhat related idea regarding buffing and making it easier. It could also be useful for a wider range as well though, depending on how the individual were to use it.

Wouldn't it be great if we could purchase a signpost (maybe with guild coins) that, when erected, we could write a note on for visitors to your island to read? That way, you could write on there the buildings you would most like to have buffed; in other words you could make a buffing priority list. And it would avoid you logging on to find some generous but unaware person has buffed a building you really didn't need buffing.

Of course, you could also use the sign to write other notes. Probably within a character limit though, of course. And there would have to be some algorithm in the code to prevent poor language, I imagine. I don't imagine it would be too hard to implement though.

What do you think?

Reply to Thread