Reply to Thread

Thread: 18+ chat room

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

18+ chat room

By making a new global chat(for adults only) would allow the more mature, or immature. Depending on how you look at it, express themselves openly about there feelings and frustrations. Want to vent? Go to global-5. Want to crack a dirty joke? Go to global-5. Do you get offended to easily? Stay out of global-5. An easy solution to help with mod frustrations and trolling. Even permanently banning someone out of global-1 and allowing them to only chat in global-5 would keep the number of players up. Basically, if you want to act like an animal? Stay in the zoo. If you like listening to the animals? Go visit the zoo. If you don't like being around the animals? STAY OUT of the zoo.

World
    Newfoundland
    If BlueByte were to allow an Adult chat channel, they would lose the PEGI7 rating, which completely defeats the objective. Once they lose the PEGI7 rating, then no channel would need to be restricted.

You can't have both.

Ps, it's only the EU servers that carry the PEGI7 rating.
    Last edited by Tierarzt; 08.10.12 at 03:53.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Antwhite, sometime ago it was mooted that the 4th island become your 18+ island - people could only get to it if they were banned from global-1 . . . I suspect the idea was dropped when someone pointed out that many of the people who can't be bothered to follow the rules are themselves under 18 . . .

p.s. I don't mean all so don't feel I'm pointing my stick at you if you aren't one of them - look up an old saying - if the cap fits etc. and if you aren't then it don't!!

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    both points make sense. it was just an idea. maybe calling it 18+ chat room was a poor choice of words. lets call it jail. or the time out room. it was just an idea to keep the herd together while still allowing them access to the game. after all, without trade, it is almost pointless to play this game.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    18+ room sounds like an XXX service to me!

Reply to Thread