Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Dear BB,

Copied from your own text:
    • Players need to be listed as friends for at least 24 hours before you
    can trade via friend list. This is implemented to protect
    unexperienced players from "false friends"

And now they see an offer in TO like an adventure, only 500gc. Lets buy that Secluded Experiments. It should be a good adventure, because it has a blue label.

Right! Protection of unexperienced players!

- Bring back a limit in the amount of items sold in a lot or give an average prize in tradewindow per 1000 units or something, so you can compare all the trades listed with insane numbers like 13692 units for xxx coins against 3627 units for xxx coins
    - Trading between friends or guildies should be without limit
    - Take care of the sorting out of the trades. Page 1 is good, after thats it's a mess.
    - Give a good warning, like an e-mail, when you have sold your last lot.
    Last edited by Langwin; 11.10.12 at 22:09. Reason: typo's

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceran View Post
    I believe it is madness that people are complaining about this, its far better than the old system, more filters and still can sort by column in trade office.

People are actually complaining they only get 4 offers when placing a sale and have to do it again

- well before you had only 1 trade that lasted for for 10 minutes only.

The only problem is that people can sell thier mine refills at rediculous prices and you can't "sell" your gold coin for a refill as they dont come up in any of the lists.
    If you really think this is better then try to do some trades without an calculator will you

With the old trade i could see at a glance if the deal was worthwhile or even reasonable, here i have to recalculate for every single trade. Also with the old trade i could place one order and I kept getting requests back for HOURS!! When i placed an offer for 400 pinewood logs for 2gc I knew I would get at least six to ten requests back within 15-20 mins, now I need to refill it after 15 mins and try it again. Basically trade is costing me far more time then before.

Trade is a big part of this game and it just became useless

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    when you move slider a number appears in a little box for the trade amount, have you tried clicking in the little box and typing the number you want to trade of that commodity?

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceran View Post
    when you move slider a number appears in a little box for the trade amount, have you tried clicking in the little box and typing the number you want to trade of that commodity?
    Yep, that's good for when you want precise numbers.

However it's true what others said, trade's gone really slow and nothing much moves even though bigger numbers are allowed. I could get 5-15 offers for my normal stack of 400 in the old system, even though it appeared for only 10mins, sometimes a few hours later. Right now, it's limited to 4. I think the limit should be at least 10-15. There are times when people do want to sell things at smaller stacks (100s or less) because the commodity is expensive, to make it more affordable to players with limited gold.

I'm hoping the ridiculous prices will disappear after a few days once things settle down. Fair trade is not easy to find at the moment.

Agree with LordStitchIII and Mistic & Langwin.
    Last edited by Henadad; 11.10.12 at 23:38. Reason: addition

World
    Northisle
    I find the Trade office probably the worst feature BB has brought into the game, that is only my opinion of course. 1 of many on here, so will my post get acknowledge probably not but I'm going to waste my time and say my piece again...

We need a new sheet so people can get to know prices better since they are no 400 per stack, maybe in 1000s too make it easier, people are just blowing prices through the roof, and you say you are helping newbies lol, do you even play the game BB??

Again with the 24 hour friend request crap, come on let's be logical here, you have a better chance of being scammed on Trade office than you do with adding people as friends, especially as a newbie where you have no idea what price is what.

I've been trying to buy bows for e.g. for 5gc a stack which was the price before the trade system entered, now that has risen to 20gc a stack even at level 40 or 50 which imbecile will buy that?
    Except the fact that we are imperfectionists, but striving for perfection is what we do.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    The system is very good. Thank you very much for the update.

It allows large amount of trade in no time which is the best improvement after the fact that you can buy now gem items with out the possibility of being scammed...

In addition it is VERY easy to find what i need by typing part of the work into the search box...

The only main thing i would like to see added is the addition of trading possibilities.

Especially MOTHERLY LOVE and OLD FRIENDS need to be among the main adventures are can be trades....

In addition it would be nice if players had a choice into selling limited amount of gem items through trade.

I really do not see why so many people complain about something so great...
    Last edited by Driller7; 12.10.12 at 06:34.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Langwin View Post
    Dear BB,

- Take care of the sorting out of the trades. Page 1 is good, after thats it's a mess.
    This can solve the problem with sorting:
    In TO, click on player to sort those, next click on offers, and now all pages are sorted

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Has anybody else experienced overselling.

I just put on 4 lots of 400 pinewood logs for 1600 water.

Very quickly I sold 3 lots to one person and 2 to another.

Luckily I have plenty of pinewood logs but had it been a higher value item I may have been struggling...

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    I have been expecting the new trade with mixed feelings ever since BB launched a completely worthless version of it on the test server. After an avalanche of negative, even furious feedback BB did some major fixes to the system which we now see live. So the feedback from players has been taken into account to some extent, unlike some propose. Overall my impression is that this system is better than the old one. However I also see that there is much room for development, and many such opportunities have already been listed on this thread. I'll list them by my personal preference, and as I'm a high lv player some low lv players might disagree on some point. Remember, you will be at a low level in the beginning. But you will be at a high level for the rest of the whole game, so I see nothing wrong even if the system does have more features that mainly serve high lv players.

BEST IMPROVEMENT:
    The amounts are unlimited - Thank God Satan and the Great Cthulhu for this! Mass produced items like water, coal, pine logs and whatnot was an absolute pain to trade. You could literally have to spend hours to trade your weekly surpluses away... and this did not mean that you had to look for trade partners for hours, buyers were there. You spent the hours clicking up to the point where you lose your mind. Selling 50 000 water 1gc per stack involves some 2000 clicks and 30+ minutes spent on sending trades 1gc/400water. Now you can do that in 1 minute with less than 20 clicks. Would never go back to do it the way it was.

Other pros:

-Advs/buffs/refills/gemstuff tradeable - Can't get scammed anymore.
    -The filtering out of trades one can't afford

-Offers remain up for a longer period - I see people criticizing this and they claim that they got more offers in the old system with only the 10min posting time. That may be, but would you not agree that even in the old system you would have received more offers if your post stood for 6 hours, hm?

-Fields to enter amounts - the old slidebar was a pain if you weren't trading either in amounts of 400 or 1.

WORST PROBLEM:
    Comparing offers is bothersome - Now that the 400 cap is removed, trades of thousands or tens of thousands are posted, and as mentioned before, I welcome that even if it does cause trouble to low lv players with small stocks. But I do find myself counting big offers in my mind 'how many stacks is that?' and then comparing the stack number to the proposed price. Suggested by many others as well, I feel a column showing the unit/relative cost is in place. 1000 pieces would be a logical reference point, so if an offer is 8000 coal for 66gc, the relative price is presented as 1000 coal for 8.25gc. Thus I can compare offers of different quantities by their relative prices and choose the cheapest one. I will do this anyway, so the system would not give me any unfair advantage, only save great amounts of time. If BB wants to protect new players from bad trades, this would be the way to go in stead of the 24h new friend trade block. The block would actually constitute as the worst problem, but as it's not really bound to the trade system per ce, I chose to disregard it.

Other cons:

-24h block - Just remove this. Seriously. And I'm being serious when saying seriously.

-List reset after accepting an offer - Come on, I search for coal and want to buy 40k for 6gc/s or lower. I see 5 different offers of 4k-10k below this price. Why can't I just take one, then the second, then the 3rd etc. The jumping from one place to another in the offer list was the most criticized problem when the first version hit the test server. We want to stay in the same place in the list where we were before picking an offer. Please, can we?

-numbers of star menu items - As there's no limit on number of traded resources, I would like to see this feature apply to e.g. refills, buffs, advs, basically anything that that you can sell. I know there are people who have their provision house at 110% capacity, so they'll gladly buy some buffs or refills. but If you would want 100k fish refilled, who's going to search for 40 2,5k offers? Who bothers to post 2,5k offers? Not really trade system related, but I'd also love to see star menu items stack up to more than 25. If, for some unimaginable reason you would want a stack of an item of, let's say 10, there could be a slide bar function to pick out smaller stacks from the main pool.

-too few offers shown at a time - you could easily reduce the size to match the previous trade version. Especially star menu items take up huge space in the list. Some smaller sprites for them used in trade list and problem solved. Hovering the mouse over the item should still show the name of the item, so you can always check that way if the pic is too small for you. I believe that the majority of players would be fine with smaller icons.

-Sorting of items - Some fixing needs to be done to the logic how the list sorts itself. It would also be helpful that there would be a sort of sorting menu, and that your personal sorting preferences would be saved until you choose to change them, similarly to the filters currently. Refreshing the list should not reset either of these.

I might have missed something, but if these points got taken care of, I believe the trade system would be absolutely marvelous. I think the 24h block needs to be removed urgently, and I see no problem why this could not be done. The block is in no way tied to the functionality of the trade system itself, it's just an arbitrary mechanism that is a bother to every trader out there while it fails in it's intended (BB announced) purpose of protecting new players. Numerous people have pointed this out before me, and most importantly, I am yet to see a single post stating the block as a positive thing (BB or MOD posts excluded)!

I cheer for the new trade system, don't leave it like this BB, but polish and finish it to it's full potential!

King-Fero

World
    Sandycove
    how about adding another filter for all goods 400 units and under? That way we get the best of both worlds - those who want to trade at the old levels can then do so at the touch of a button...

Reply to Thread