Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Trade System

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Agreed, new trading window is frustratingly small... Also think another column should be added which would show ratio between offered and cost recources...

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick_Von_Tut View Post
    I think an improvement to the new trade window would be an option to resize, even to full screen.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I was suggested to repost it here so, here it goes. (I've found on each and every point persons ranting about it on the forum, so I'm not the only one)

Hi guys! This will be a long rant so, hopefully, you'll read it entirely.

I hate the new trade system and below are all the reasons (and some solutions). There are some neat ideas, but the overall feeling is bad.

1. The numbers. I understand that the 400 cap was a little bit limiting, but the numbers that I see on the market now are absurd. Limit them to 2000, 4000 or even 10000. (or, as someone else proposed, a checkbox to show only the trades with max. 400 resources).
    2. The procedure. It takes WAY longer now to put an offer. First of all: the icons are to big. The filter is ok but the thing with the max quantity sucks because I would never sell all the product in stock, or buy until I completely fill my warehouse. I proposed a slider about three months ago, and I still sustain that it would help a lot. Let's say that you decide to cap the trade at 2000. Just put a small slider with easy clickable subdivisions at 400 (because everybody is used calculating with 400), 800, 1200 and 1600 with the default alt 2000.
    3. The ratio. Somebody already proposed this but I'm gonna repeat it : if the trade is, for example, 3582 fish for 2398 marble, a ratio teller would certainly help a lot. Something like 1,49 fish for 1 marble. As that player said: it would take way less space if icons would be used
    4. Filtering and pages. Let's say that I want to see what offers are for pinewood. I write pinewood in the search (which also shows me the trades with pinewood planks, but this is not a big problem) and I filter it by cost. On most cases all the offers for one type of item are one after another. The problem is when they are on different pages, because, when I jump to page two the filter is removed. I would be nicer to remove completely the paging and make one big scrollable page if I have a word filter.
    5. Adventures and other new stuff. The idea of being able to trade anything is great, but could you make the icons a little bit smaller (at maximum star menu equivalent) because it makes it hard to look through all the offers (and yes, I'm used with looking through all the offers at least 2-3 times a day, and I'm not the only one).

I really hope that some improvements will make it in the next update and keep it up with the good work!

EDIT: I forgot something
    6. The extra trade slot. It is a great addition but, please, make us able to buy it indefinitely. Obviously, not for something absurd, like 3000 diamonds. I would buy it for about 500. The same thing about buying extra permanent lots.

MUCH LATER EDIT:
    Well, after some time, the new trade system doesn't look so awful (and I will probably keep playing the game ). But all the points above are still valid. I would also want to request an ingame message saying that all the lots have been sold for the (ex.)"40 iron for 400 bread" offer (not just the small alert), or some way to know that I can put a new lot for sale just by looking at the main screen, without having to open the market window. Oh, and another thing that is pretty annoying: the filters are also removed when you accept a trade and they put you on the top of the first page unfiltered making me filter it again and scrolling to the resource where I left off. Can't the list just remain where I accepted the trade?

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Is there an solution allready for the history-tab it dont update the trades.
    Only when relog it shows, but i dont like this solution

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    It's putting me right of the game so many pages of crap to wade through and mad numbers people are selling and asking the old system was much better and only took a few seconds to run through all it needed was to up the amount you could trade.

I traded regulary on the old system but have not had one trade on this hate it.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi

I have only been playing a few weeks and enjoy the game. The new trade system is a nice touch but would benefit from a few refinements.

1) When scrolling through sales pages and go to history to check something, when you come back the page has reset to the start. Would be nice to come back to where you left off. You do have the refresh option button if you want to go to the start again.
    2) Filter on the "cost" items as well so you can see who needs something you have in surplus and what they are offering in exchange. At the moment you have to trawl through the whole sales area to see what people want.

Just a few ideas - keep up the good development work.

Zapki

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    This new system is only good for the top end players, who trade in large amounts, if you consider someone who wants to trade say h/w for water, and needs 5k water, you will need to sit and wait for hours to get it, because the lower players who need h/w dont have 5k to spare, but do have 400, so we are now losing out on the multiple trades we had before.

World
    Sandycove
    hence my earlier suggestion:

how about adding another filter for all goods 400 units and under? That way we get the best of both worlds - those who want to trade at the old levels can then do so at the touch of a button...

World
    Sandycove

Thumbs down new trade was promising,but ultimately, it sux

Trade now sux.
    Very disappointed after it seemed so promising too.
    Everything inflated beyond value, sort order feature not functioning properly, new trade UI is too small and have to fumble about looking for what u r after.
    U get reset to 1st page of trades whenever u purchase anything, folk can post trades to sell gold refill & other certain items,but folk cannot place a trade to request them.
    24hr restriction on new friends is pointless.

Congratulations to BB and a lot of u end-users (u know who u r )on murdering trade.
    And shame on all you folk getting greedy and pushing up prices of items way past what they are actually worth!
    500 gold ore for 350gc. nobles for 500gc. and I will not even start on the adv's ! . .the list go's on and on.

What a joke. I hope this is resolved very soon. . .
    Last edited by DUNJAI; 12.10.12 at 15:39.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    If a book is on a table, chances are, that you will glance at it from time to time, if the book is hidden away out of sight, chances are you don't bother, and so it is with the new trade. I used to trade all day, now.... already, I can't really be bothered. Just make a fish trade in the morning and put buffs on and walk away. It is a shame, I loved the trading, it was fun but not now. So if the new system stays this way; the game is dead for me really.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    1 i would like a price cap on things there is a general idea what different things is worth why is there not a max price you can set on each item
    that would be a real safeguard against robbing new players and pushing

2 a great idea with several trades at same time but destroyed by the fact that you should pay gold/gems every time

3 why the cap on 4 lots

4 why the H.... implement a new system when you know there is a bug (sorting) why not wait until bug was fixed

Reply to Thread