Reply to Thread

Thread: New trade needs unit price field

Nifty
    World
    Northisle

New trade needs unit price field

edit: this is a re-post, hopefully now on a forum it won't get cleaned up from

As title states, the new trade system really needs a unit price info field to allow reasonable comparison of prices. Meanwhile, the time when something posted is next to useless info that could easily be replaced with this, so there would be no need to expand the view. But by all means, add new field and keep time if that seems relevant.

As an example of the problem, if there are two trades: 400 iron words for 65gc or 3163 for 499gc, how is regular person supposed to know which ones are cheaper? They'd have to dig up calculator. Instead, add the unit price field:
    iron swords: 400 --- gold coins: 65 --- 6.15 iron swords per 1 gold coin (with icons, takes little space)
    iron swords: 3163 --- gold coins: 499 --- 6.34 iron swords per 1 gold coin (with icons, takes little space)
    Now we see that the second deal is better. What happens in extreme cases where people sell, say, 1012 water for 1 gc? Or same trade reversed?
    water: 1012 --- gold coins: 1 --- 1012 water per 1 gold coin
    gold coins: 1 --- water: 1012 --- 0.00988 gold coins per 1 water
    With extreme numbers like this the number of decimals can get bit out of hand if you use 3 meaningful digits, but it's still far preferable to having no unit price at all.

World
    Northisle
    i support this idea,for the only reason is that older players might take advantage of new players.With over priced trades and to keep the game alive you always need a fresh supply of new players.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    second that, i've started ignoring the offers because it takes to much calculating to see which are bargains. Used to be in one look you knew which were good offers and which weren't.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    I'd like to see something like this, not just for newer players but to save using a calculator for every trade to see if its a fair trade.
    If we can have an average trade value, in gold coins for example, so we know how it compares.

eg. 100 gold coins --- 1000 marble (0.1gc / unit 0.01gc average market price) and would appear in a darker text as its overpriced.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I liked the old system as I could troll through all on offer and pick out good deals not just what I was particularly looking for that day. I am sorry to be negative about new system but it is going to make trading harder and at the moment I consider it a game killer. A shame as I have enjoyed this game for months.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    exactly, they took out all the fun in trading. I'm also gonna stop playing if they don't solve it quick.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Trading has turned into a nightmare; I used to get lots of sales the old way; hardly any today and spent hours; its such a muddle, I am giving up for the day

Reply to Thread