Reply to Thread

Thread: Granite

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle

Granite

why are adventures only giving exotic wood. ive done 9 now and not once had granite. how else are you ment to get it if you cant afford what people sell it for ?

Skilled Student Harald_Villraade's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    You´ve been very unlucky, 9 times is a lot! But you can only keep trying, random is random.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I do not think .. I got granite 3 times from 22 adventures .. it does not seem random

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I agree if it was random granite would not be so scarce just look at trade how much is 100 granite and how much is 100 exotic wood...

World
    Northisle
    Of course it's random.

I agree if it was random granite would not be so scarce just look at trade how much is 100 granite and how much is 100 exotic wood...
    There are some reasons for it:
    • You get less granite than exotic wood. In general, the values for exotic wood rewards are higher.
    • You can buff your exotic planks production
    • The upgrade prices for buildings are higher for granite than for exotic planks, if you consider the buff argument

Example: fisher

Level 4 -> Level 5

500 Exotic Planks
    300 Granite

That means you have 100 planks left, if you keep your production buffed, which should be the normal case.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Totally bored with Granite... I have 3500 collected v 5500 exotic...so random doesn't average out!!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Like all stats, they are only accurate with a very large sample number - so you would need to sample many thousands of players to get a true picture of randomness. Similarly to get a true random number you need a large random number generator. You then allocate the random number produced to give a limited number of possibilities within the loot spots - somewhere in the forum in the guides, you will see "the possibilities" of finding each amount of specific loot - so a 32% would be roughly 1 in 3, but remember that is over a large sample and each time you do the adventure, the odds remain the same . . .

Where people have determined these %s, or how, I have no idea! Certainly sidV's guide had them and it was started last December, so it must be possible to access these numbers somewhere . . .

One advantage of granite being "scarce" has been until fairly recently a good currency, being roughly on a 1:1 ratio with gc which means many of us have sold most of our granite loots.

Having given up looking for adventures, I now only do treasure hunts and find granite, all be it only 10 on many hunts

Reply to Thread