Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lvl 50

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Ok, ty for the reply. I will probably store some but do a few Island of Pirates to get loot but not miss out on much XP. It would be good if the level cap was raised now, even if some of the 50+ content is not ready yet. Any idea when the level cap will be raised?

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister-King View Post
    Be assured, Blue Byte will never intentionally delete your loot.
    From BB: "Players should not make their inboxes as a second storehouse as from time to time we clear all mail boxes in the game."
    Source: http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post195423

So BB does indeed intentionally delete mails.

The person i am quoting could have made it up, but according to him BB sent him a mail saying that.
    Last edited by Dilbe; 22.10.12 at 16:05.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Then what is there for all the loyal players that have worked hard to get to level 50 just to be kicked in the teeth and be told thats it now folks ????

I mean if I have to quit and come back in a couple of months when there is new things created i would have found something else by then.. So all the money I have spent up until now has been wasted.
    Surely BB you should be trying here to let people store there exp as what else do they actually have to play for ? Or is it that all you are interested in now is the low level and new players as they are now your target for spending money as we have already spent our so get put to the back of the queue ?

I think this is very insulting and would like BB to actually get in touch and let us all know what is going on, and why not even just add another adventure and anothe rlevel or two whilst you are working on these upgrades and new sections so that people can at least carry on with there game which they have worked for months and months to get to. Its not fair that we have played for this long just to be told to sit down and shut up, which is what it feels like..

So lets get some answers please and solutions.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    A simple solution would be to just implement a "temporary" level 51. The idea is simple...let the players accumulate xp and have the target 51lvl at 50million xp or something unreal like that.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Driller7 View Post
    A simple solution would be to just implement a "temporary" level 51. The idea is simple...let the players accumulate xp and have the target 51lvl at 50million xp or something unreal like that.
    I have to agree as there has to be some way we can continue playing without feeling that it is a waste of time doing adventures or what else is there ?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    I think BB planned lv50 to be 'unreachable', but several factors have accounted for much more rapid leveling than they anticipated:

-Addiction -- First and foremost, this game has attracted players who are very dedicated to the game, so they progress quickly and efficiently

-Gem buyers -- Some players have spent hundreds of euros/pounds to get practically every benefit from the gem shop, and to cap it off keep buying parrot refills

-Blocking -- Not a planned feature, but allows in many cases diminished losses without losing any exp/loot

-Veteran -- Not only does the veteran reduce the number of lost troops, but it also enables much cheaper losses (camps that have soldier casualties with a 200 unit general can often be reduced to recruit casualties with the veteran)

-Trade -- With the expense of casual players, well informed traders are able to quickly accumulate wealth by buying resources below market average and selling for higher. There is nothing wrong doing so, but makes it possible to accumulate great amounts of resources without having to wait for their production

-Optimization -- Those players that have reached level 50 most likely have all production buildings upgraded to the highest level, focus production on the most cost-effective resources, have optimized their production chains and keep them buffed 24/7. They also concentrate on lucrative, time-saving adventures like BK or the Nords.

All of the factors above fasten the economy growth and leveling up of a player. The combined benefits speed up progress exponentially, and I believe BB was caught off guard with this phenomenon. I bet they thought they'd have a lot more time to come up with stuff...

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    You do have infinite storage capacity with the new trade system. So the funny BB-mail stating that:" "Players should not make their inboxes as a second storehouse as from time to time we clear all mail boxes in the game." is very obsolote. Happy storing - or restoring. ;-)

Reply to Thread