Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: It has come to this

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    when i first began playing i thought this was a game where people are all in one world; that would be much more enjoyable.

EWiggin
    BlueByte never got it quite right with any of the settlers games (No... Hear me out!) - I don't know if anyone could have got it right - but they got it right enough to make me buy every one of them. It's a game I want to play.

The problem was always to do with scale. The map was never large or surprising enough and you always [eventually] got to a point where you could sweep through the opposition and then it was over. At the same time - it was annoying on some maps that tribes, troops or bandits would invade before you had a functioning military production chain. Or you played the campaigns where you constantly started from scratch.

I didn't want them to leave me alone but I wanted to be safe till I was ready... and I wanted them to respawn so that conflict was ongoing. That's what PVP will bring if it's done right. No worries about dodgy AI and opponents who can be just whittled away till it's over. Everyone will be striving to grow.

PVP could offer protected status to newbies and show people on the map who are much higher / lower in capacity as un-attackable institutions / friendly villages AND as long as you can have a wall around your civic centre and go into lock down when offline, This would be the game I always wanted.

It's incidental that an enemy aught to only be able to decimate you so far before you got peacekeeping troops and protected status to avoid having to re-start from scratch. You should be able to salt away your gold offshore (a global bank?!). It should be as beneficial to be peaceful as to take by force!

The problem is that everyone will have their own opinion. Some will be frustrated that their attack on a rival stops because they've gone offline.

Good Luck BlueByte!

billyjoel
    my opinion on dis is that settlers in box you plan and accept because it do not change. settlers in online can change so you believe and hope. people you and me have problem understanding that while you and me think is boring a lot of other and a lot lot lot of other people are enjoying. maybe expectation too high. but now new gameplay comes and hope to be more interesting

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    dont ask me how i picked up on this thread seeing as its already months old but i agree with everything above. YES the game is boring and dull and very very repetative and BB are only out for their bottom line £$£$£, with this in mind you make a decision to play and pay or not, now i have only payed a very small amount in about the equivalent of a new ps3 game and i am very happy with my purchases (OLD Starter pack, and a couple of gems in happy hour). The reasons are
    1)this game is here and aint going No where there are always new players joining they just open two new servers i believe!?
    2)it really doesn't matter how long you leave the game for and come back unless your so [censored] and have a really bad OCD, trust me i left for a month came back to a desolate waste land that used to be my island and had no mines, fields, wells etc and it took me 2 days on and off to get it working again but i had maxed all my wood, logs and a few other things , as i stock up on fish deposit 10k(1000 bread) at least a day i still had 20k odd left and same goes for meat and sausage which gave me the easy gc to buy what i needed there and then im only level 39 and still have months possibly years of gaming to go and it cant get any worse right i mean they all ready after your money but aint everyone so its people preferences but i will be here no doubt and so will most people i would imagine as they do like routine sorry for waffling on LOL

Wivadee,

Profanity is not acceptable on the forum.

Sinister-King
    Last edited by Sinister-King; 20.11.12 at 00:28.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I will copy paste the same message I posted earlier.

You are aware that each and ever Settler game was made for more than 2 years, right? Being an on-line game, TSO needs constant maintenance and content, and that needs time to be done. The Box versions had an end, TSO must be endless (well it will end on some point in the future). Development must be completely different.

You must believe that there are 500+ people working on this, right? Lazy ass workers!!!! Also don't forget that they need to satisfy thousands of people, like all other browser games must. If you look out there, all the online browser games are the same in function. Why should this work different? I mean it can't work different. That's like being mad at a mill because it does not makes the bread on sight...

So I would suggest you have a little more patience and don't forget that the people who are making this game for us work each and every day to improve the game experience. Try to enjoy this as it is, and expect new things to come int time.

Reply to Thread