Reply to Thread

Thread: Player vs Player

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Player vs Player

I have read alot of talk lately about pvp. Maybe together as gamers we can come up with a solid idea to help create or destroy a specific idea that many of us are thiking about. This is just a foundation to brain storm off of.

1) Players must agree to battle each other (helps with taking advantage of known weaker players)
    2) Players must be within a certain level range to battle.(also to prevent picking on weaker players)
    3) Players can be allowed 24 hrs to prepare for battle.
    4) Bets can be made between 2 players based on an agreement. or a set percetage of random resources in players storehouse. Where in storehouse can depend on level of player.
    5) Live combat, so each player can view progress. Maybe a player can retreat battle up to a certain point in battle. Then he or she can reclaim a cerain percentage of resources back.

I look forward to reading more comments and opinions on the matter. I would really like it if BB shared any current news on there end about this topic.

I am sorry in advance if this topic has already been discussed. But my search of pvp, and player vs player didn't turn anything up.

player vs player, pvp, battle friends
    Last edited by antwhite; 20.10.12 at 03:41. Reason: tying to make it easier to find

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I don't understand why pvp or player vs player yields no results for this thread. I must have done something wrong?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    some games give fare to big advantage to pvpers i like this game to give only pvp rewards then i can play as i do and they can play as they do

im a passifist and i have to buy stuff of pvpers only because they pvp im against it

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    i think almost all ur ideas for pvp are not bthat good.....it would be better to test ur skills in blind battle with only players over level 40 in pvp under that and really ur not ready.... in blind battle its about how smart u are and what u send against what they send.....maybe u send a vet gen and they send a norm gen and the vet is 250 x-bows against 200 horses its about how u out think the other player......and there should be a leader board for the server....and a chat room for pvp where there are no mods ....and u can smack talk other players that do pvp ....would add alot to the battles .....and there should be a reward each month for the top 3 players eg 300 gems..200 gems 100 gems would add to people wanting to do it..and there should also be once a month a battle behind guilds where there is a dislike behind guilds players can sort it out there...with rewards for top guild as well..in the form of guild coins ..just a couple of ideas i have so many its not funny

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by antwhite View Post
    1) Players must agree to battle each other (helps with taking advantage of known weaker players)
    2) Players must be within a certain level range to battle.(also to prevent picking on weaker players)
    3) Players can be allowed 24 hrs to prepare for battle.
    4) Bets can be made between 2 players based on an agreement. or a set percetage of random resources in players storehouse. Where in storehouse can depend on level of player.
    5) Live combat, so each player can view progress. Maybe a player can retreat battle up to a certain point in battle. Then he or she can reclaim a cerain percentage of resources back.
    May I? Thank you

1) Abusable: If that's the only way it will 'work', people can always decline all the time = no pvp
    2) Why? What if i want to test my mettle against stronger ones? Assuming your agree/disagree plan will be valid, who cares about level since they can always say no anyway
    3) I don't get this. That sounds like day vs day not player vs player. What if i challenge you now but i cannot really be available in 21hours? I want to pvp -now- not tomorrow
    4) What's with everyone and bets? Isn't beating the other guy a reward enough? And there will be other rewards anyway, no need to 'agree' on betting (which is again abusable, since everyone will just disagree unless he's 101% sure he 'll win)
    5) A turn-based combat system cannot suddenly become real-time strategy where you can back off whenever you choose. It will completely change the way 'first / last strike' works, etc.

Reply to Thread