Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Add more recycling plants

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle

Add more recycling plants

Why is the limit only three? I think you should at least double that, I'm not saying make them endless, just let us have more

billyjoel
    [CENSORED INFLAMATORY]

The person posting is entitled to make a suggestion:

The original content I assume was not in favor of this suggestion but has been removed due to its tone.
    Last edited by Sniped; 26.10.12 at 15:27.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Steve,

I think 3 is the correct amount, having more would have a negative effect and unbalance the game too much.

So i think i am with billy on this one, it seems that you have not looked at all the pro's and conn's that this would have on the game.

Davey

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Devey, what cons? I'm talking about letting us have 3 more, you're saying 6 would mess things up? How? The idea was it would free up three licences, the only con would be we would save pinewood, but how is that a con? Seems like a pro to me.

And Billy, I didn't even see your comment, but if all you can do is make inflamatory remarks I suggest you stop posting here

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    There are what appear to be strange limitations on numbers of various gem items. I assume that there are reasons for these limitations - the license one is an example - purchase of a stack of licenses and then the building loads would appear to give an unfair advantage, but the person has paid his money! . . . By the time you get to that stage, there isn't a lot of room left on your island so I wouldn't have thought you would be putting loads of recyclers in - there just isn't room to build them!

Personally, I would prefer to see things like granite mines appaer, but of course that would throw the economics side of the game out, and I suppose allowing everyone an extra 3 recyclers would probably do something similar . . .

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    hi Steve,
    you say it would only be 3 licences. What about the pinewood production need to support the coking plants?

So having 3 more recycling plant could actually free up 11 licences.

Therefore would this be too much of an advantage in the game to people that buy gems?
    In my opinion, i think it would be. I know people that are still saving gems to get their first recycler never mind their 6th.

BB, have to tread a fine line to keep the balance of the game, yes they need to make money from selling gems and people that buy gems should have an advantage/easier time but also they have to keep the none paying players because they are the bulk of the playing community that keep things, like trade going.

So yes, i do think that up'ing the recyclers to 6 would make a massive difference, and most deffinatly not a good one !
    Last edited by DaveyDent; 29.10.12 at 20:59.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    hi Davey -

thanks for your point about how many licenses you need to produce the equivalent recycler - not being a very heavy coal user myself, have never worked out the number! I personally only have 1 and I seem to remember getting it with Christmas presents last December or January!

I think you might be surprised by the numbers of people though who do spend money on gems and the amounts that some spend - but if you compare the hours of entertainment you get from this game compared to the hours you get from buying a trad game, the amount spent on gems / hour play is extremely small !! . . .

Now let's see 1200 gems from leveling max number left for me, will have to rely on getting a vet general, which is 5k gems, + will need at least another 10 licenses, take away 650, mmm could be tight to buy anything else + need somemore nobles . . . goes off muttering . . .

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Davey, people who spend money already have a massive advantage when it comes to licences, I have all 335 and I had to buy them, so the extra 11 is not a huge advantage to me, and the choice is yours, if you want the 11 licences you can simply spend money and get them, people who buy gems will always have an advantage, so I don't think your point is valid.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    i got max lisences to but i sure would love more resyklers not that am short of lisences now is just they handy and i like them

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I did another thread licences - recyclers. Licences are way better than recyclers, 10 licences can actually be equivelant of 2-3 recyclers and are cheaper.

Unless you buy them all, that is the way to go.

After a certain point, licences dont make much difference TBH.

Expensive buildings need huge support, and the whole chain needs to be buffed. high-end buildings even if are a lot, dont have the prime materials needed, which are pretty cheap to buy if you are high level.

I am lvl 39, i have 10 out 235 licences free (+- 3/4 depending on mines that run out).
    I have gems to buy more licences, but it will not make a difference, except maybe coal that runs on autopilot.

All other structures need support, refilling, rebuilding.
    For example my provision house cannot support more fishers, i will not be able to fill them up.
    For a baker i will need farms+mills+water... settlers, a lot of things for a thing that in the end i can just buy.

I would build more weapon makers etc, but i need to buff them all. Unless i buff them (which is costly), materials used cost more than output. Extreme example = gold chain.
    Same more or less goes for weapons. Having unbuffed 4 iron weapon makers+ its support costs more in prime materials, than the final output. You could just buy that in the market.

I am in the point that i have to spent for example 7 building licences to get one 2 hardwood sawmill, which would be a really small difference in my output.
    Last edited by Deorum; 01.11.12 at 17:21.

Reply to Thread