Reply to Thread

Thread: elite soldier

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

elite soldier

Hello Settlers ;-) I just reached the level 41 so I am able to train the elite soldiers. But I wonder if they have some real meaning. I calculated precisely the amount of troops for the camps in all adventures which I already found and if I check the elite soldiers, they make no difference in looses. Actually if I have to attack with recruits + soldiers and I have looses only on recruits (so I can safely replace the soldiers with elite soldiers), the looses are the same. Actually elite soldier has only higher amount of hit points (which is irrelevant if they are not hit) and higher accuracy. But it seems, it is not enough to make some significant difference. Are there any specific camps / bosses in the adventures where the elite soldiers have really some good usage?

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    There are some where their toughness can increase the time of a blocking camp battle, making better opportunities to get past a camp without the block failing. They certainly come into their own in the advs involving dark priests.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    1) They can be used to to increase the number of rounds fought (which is useful for lvl 2 blocking)

2) They have increased hitpoints so they can survive more hits than a soldier, thus eliminating the need for 1-2 recruits, meaning effectivly
    you save 1-2 recruits a fight.

3) They have increased accuracy, meaning they do more dammage than soldiers, and will thus over a fight taking more than 1 round reduce the number
    of enemies who stay alive to do dammage to you in round 2,3 etc.

Reply to Thread