Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The New Starter Pack

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    As i said BB have not released the exact content of the pack yet.

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero1171 View Post
    As i said BB have not released the exact content of the pack yet.
    Hello!

I can confirm that:

400 stones, 400 planks, 100 tools and 20 settlers, 3 tactical maps (printed in the manual), a troop buff, 4 000 gems and “The Nords” adventure to start them off in style.
    Is everything players will get for €24.99 (£19.99) .

Best,
    Sinister-King

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Hello guys,

The box will contain:
    4000 gems, "The Nords" adventure, a troop buff, 3 exclusive tactical maps printed in the manual and a ressource pack containing 400 stones, 400 planks, 100 tools and 20 settlers.

I've changed the text slightly to make it clearer.
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    400 stones 300gems
    400 planks 260gems
    100 tools 55gems
    20 settlers 190gems
    gems 4000
    nords 795gems
    drill plan 125gems
    5725 gems

I'm not sure if anyone would buy the Nords for gems, I can't see anyone paying gems for wood/tools/settlers so the retail pack is only worth about 4000 gems, which is roughly the same as buying 2 lots gems for £10 (£20) from the website (with no bonus gems at all), no saving to be had at all really considering you will get more gems for your money if you buy direct from the site when there are gem bonuses available.

EDIT: troop buff might be a drill plan which costs 125gems, putting the total at 5725 gems instead.

Are the contents for these retail packs final? They would sell better if the wood/stone/tools were removed and the gems increased to 5000, at least then the packs could be used to buy vet generals.
    Last edited by Kotugo; 08.11.12 at 17:08.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    The 400 stone, 400 planks, 100 tools and 20 settlers you can get for 200 gems in store as one pack called starter pack. So in the total its 4995 gems.
    The 3 exclusive tac. maps will be out somewhere quite fast anyway.
    Then its only a quistion about the troop buff, what exactly is it? But what ever it is, its deffently not worth buing the box.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Its not a super deal, its not a very bad deal.
    I guess its a fair deal.

Instead of buying gems over the shop, it would be nice to buy the same value of gems more ore less (give or take a few € more or less in price per gem) and have a retail box for your collection, some maps, and why not the nords.

I would still go for gems in the shop, but a started could try that and not only that he could be introduced to the game by seeing the box in a shop, or in reviews or in e-shops. Otherwise it would never show up there...

World
    Northisle
    This is how I would describe the new retail box: "I was waiting for the new packs. Now I am not." Simple and straight to the point.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    i absolutlely agree with everyone who wont be buying this pack hahahahahah i think its really funny how these 'people' in offices somewhere looking at figures think by giving less for more money will increase thier profits all they have suceeded in doing is winding up a lot of regular players who were waiting for these packs to be released effectivly giving the [censored]. and as for the nords adv thats even funnier coz if new players buy the packs they wont be able to do the adv until they are level 26 anyway it just doesnt make any sense to me so thanks BB but no thanks!

Wivadee,

That type of language is not acceptable.

Sinister-King
    Last edited by Sinister-King; 20.11.12 at 00:56.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    i was gonna get 2 starter packs (£20) then you get 5000 gems, 2 silo's, 2 BHG's and 2 water mills, all together worth about 1000 gems.
    now for the same price, you get only 5000 gems ish

thanks dodu

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegnor View Post
    Oh no, don't get me wrong, thats not my opinion, but BB is a company, a company who has its own marketing department i believe, and people in such department know always very well what the impact of a change is. I can't possibly see whats in their heads, but if i had to guess, i'd say they expect less buyers, yes, but more than half of the people who would buy the original one, so it's still more incoming money. Also some of the people who don't want to buy will be influenced later by the ones who buy it, buying it too so they can keep up, those extra competitive ones. But thats just a guess, in the end it's all just business and they wouldn't do it if they weren't sure it will make a profit.
    Thing here my friend is, sadly, that BB is just another company that makes a million mistakes on their marketing department purely because the people in marketing have no idea about how gaming works.

I 've seen a million games with decent potential (i won't name) go down the gutter simply cause of marketing mistakes. I 'm not sure if TSO is going to be one, i hope not. But what i know for sure is that they definitely will not get the same amount of buyers they would if they made their offers more lucrative for the PLAYER than for THEM.

All it needs is logic, not some fancy degree. If they win you and me, we might propose it to a few of our friends too. If they already lose you and me, they also lose whoever else comes behind us. They might also lose people who they could possible get, if we say how disappointed we are. Your influence scenario is completely off, it works the exact opposite way. And as for the business part, you're giving them way too much credit. Hah.

Reply to Thread