Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The New Starter Pack

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    400 stones, 400 planks, 100 tools and 20 settlers, Really, why bother. lol.
    3 tactical maps (printed in the manual), > I would expect Nords would be in there.
    a troop buff, yay! lol.
    4 000 gems Nice.
    “The Nords” adventure to start them off in style. > as said before this is useless to a new player unless they sell it in trade.

I would like to have seen a new building included, missed a good opportunity here to add a new building only obtainable through the pack (for a few months atleast). That alone would have guaranteed some sales. Example a Bank to give interest on your gold coin, 1 percent interest per upgrade level

Also a new adventure instead or Nords would have got peoples interest.

Im sure I will buy a pack or two when they reduce in price but wont be stacking them like before unless they go bargain bucket.

Roll on Christmas!
    Pumpkins are so last month

T.

18.49 on pre-order.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Settlers...3015149&sr=8-3
    Last edited by Mr_Todd; 15.11.12 at 21:38.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Makedon View Post
    Thing here my friend is, sadly, that BB is just another company that makes a million mistakes on their marketing department purely because the people in marketing have no idea about how gaming works.

I 've seen a million games with decent potential (i won't name) go down the gutter simply cause of marketing mistakes. I 'm not sure if TSO is going to be one, i hope not. But what i know for sure is that they definitely will not get the same amount of buyers they would if they made their offers more lucrative for the PLAYER than for THEM.

All it needs is logic, not some fancy degree. If they win you and me, we might propose it to a few of our friends too. If they already lose you and me, they also lose whoever else comes behind us. They might also lose people who they could possible get, if we say how disappointed we are. Your influence scenario is completely off, it works the exact opposite way. And as for the business part, you're giving them way too much credit. Hah.
    Yep, exactly, thats how i would do a business like this..

Lets say the decision was made that the pack was too cheap, ok then, lets put its price a bit higher, lets say 20 pounds or whatever, if it has do be done to keep boss happy, fine.. But yeah, seems like people overlook the fact the internet is a huge place with lots of games, lots of possibilities and the fact people usually don't like to be disappointed.. Thats why, in my opinion at least, would it be quite clear than for higher price, one has to offer some more stuff, or at least the same, especially when people can compare to the old pack. I bet if they put the same content with just more gems, people could be a bit grumpy, but it would be still a good deal..

But planks and stones? When i saw it the first time i thought they must be joking.
    Anyway lets see, i still believe my influence scenario works, don't underestimate the weak will of the people. Yeah, there will be definitely less buyers, but i can see a lot of people around who are buying gems all the time just to have it, make gold with it or whatever, and other people, especially younger ones, being so competitive and buying stuff too just to keep up.. Again, don't get me wrong, i would like to be wrong, it would actually mean the pack has to be remake to get some buyers, but i just really doubt it. :S

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegnor View Post
    Yep, exactly, thats how i would do a business like this..

Lets say the decision was made that the pack was too cheap, ok then, lets put its price a bit higher, lets say 20 pounds or whatever, if it has do be done to keep boss happy, fine.. But yeah, seems like people overlook the fact the internet is a huge place with lots of games, lots of possibilities and the fact people usually don't like to be disappointed.. Thats why, in my opinion at least, would it be quite clear than for higher price, one has to offer some more stuff, or at least the same, especially when people can compare to the old pack. I bet if they put the same content with just more gems, people could be a bit grumpy, but it would be still a good deal..

But planks and stones? When i saw it the first time i thought they must be joking.
    Anyway lets see, i still believe my influence scenario works, don't underestimate the weak will of the people. Yeah, there will be definitely less buyers, but i can see a lot of people around who are buying gems all the time just to have it, make gold with it or whatever, and other people, especially younger ones, being so competitive and buying stuff too just to keep up.. Again, don't get me wrong, i would like to be wrong, it would actually mean the pack has to be remake to get some buyers, but i just really doubt it. :S
    i have to agree ppl are [removed] and wont do simple arithmetic to work out this is a rip off new players wont know so fair enough and i think maybe thats what they were thinking, get them hooked so they might then purchase gems, but any existing player who knew of or bought an original starter pack will not buy this unless they really are [removed]. BB wont remake it until their stocks are gone but i have a feeling thatll take a very very VERY long time so theres a [removed] from BB to all you daily players :-P Enjoy it, it pretty much all your getting

Wivadee,

Watch what you say about other players.

Sinister-King
    Last edited by Sinister-King; 17.11.12 at 04:19.

World
    Sandycove
    this is a waste of money imo - bring back the original starter pack - much better value for money

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    This is about simple laws of supply and demand. If the demand is strong enough then the price will be justified. And vice-versa.

Purely from my perspective I don't see that the new starter packs offer me any real value. I have already expressed my dissapointment and I genuinely feel BB have missed a great opportunity. It is their choice and that's really what this boils down to. They have chosen a price point and I have chosen my perception of that. If my view is main-stream sales will suffer. If not, then I will suffer :-)

There's not a great deal more that I can say.

Thank you to all who have contributed to the conversation. It's always good to exchange thoughts, perceptions and opinions. We don't all have to agree with each other on these issues.

I wish both players and BB good fortune.

Kind regards
    Nuttymut

Reply to Thread