Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Retail pack

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    And what is the content of the box ?
    4000 gems The Nords’ adventure Exclusive tactical maps A troop buff Extra resources to help you build strong foundations for your empire This i what i get from the danish version ?

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    That is the same for the French pack and the basic German one as well.

Sinister-King, the information states that the gems are worth 39.90€ not the whole pack.

The boxed version of "The Settlers Online" offers you all to discover the game with exclusive content and benefits of a total value of over € 40:

4000 gems (game currency) worth € 39.90 to use to accelerate its development or share to discover the game to friends
    An adventure "Nordics" A tribe of wild Nordic threatens to burn and plunder your kingdom ... push them!
    A strengthening of troop: To divide by 2 time recruiting your troops!
    Three strategic reference guides to lead to better strategies for your conquests!
    A pack of additional resources that will help you create the foundation of your empire
    Last edited by LadyBarbara; 04.12.12 at 15:49. Reason: additional information

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    that is even without specials which run with some regularity as well

Seems someone misinformed marketing or marketing misinterpretted stuff or- they cant use a calculator anymore ;P

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    They do refer to the retail box available here as the 'standard edition', so there is hope that this special edition box will also be released on this version, just maybe at a later date.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree Zom-B, hence sensible asking for feedback. Especially as they want us to buy from the Ubi store - presumably so as to make more money from us than the retail channels would offer them direct.
    Maybe with more choices comes more sales....
    Last edited by NelumboWhite; 04.12.12 at 23:08.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    i want to know if u can buy this box in australia or is it just half the world can get it and not the other half

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyBarbara View Post
    According to the link I followed re this box, it includes:

Rough quick translation as I am directed to the French page as I live in France - I am English though.

It is the bit in bold that bothers me. To buy gems from the shop I can get 4800 gems for 24.99€ so how can 4k be worth 39.90€? BB need to get a mathematician on the staff.

Only one box on offer, however, for 24.99€.
    Well, mine's being put in the post tomorrow, so I can soon check, but I remember reading it as 2x code for 4,000 gems, which would make it 8,000 in total. That, plus the new general and The Nords2 made it rather appealing to me.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    Well, mine's being put in the post tomorrow, so I can soon check, but I remember reading it as 2x code for 4,000 gems, which would make it 8,000 in total. That, plus the new general and The Nords2 made it rather appealing to me.
    Where did you bought yours Nogbad, as on amazon.co.uk there is only the one pack with 4k gems and The Nords 1 and no general...

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello Everyone & BB... Some things I would like to point out, and hopefully they get clarified/fixed:

The link on the main page for buying the game is:
    http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en...hemeID.8605700

Yet when I click on it, I'm asked to choose between three different languages. Oddly enough, it tries to choose my language based on countries. None of the options given resemble the country I'm in, nor do they offer the language I am reading the web site in.

There does not seem to be a way to get the English version, which is very very odd! A quick google around showed this problem is persistent, and there appears to be no option for English. I'm hoping the game is still supported in English and this is just a massive-massive boo-boo on the web site front.

If you choose French, you can follow these directions:
    Top Menu: Par Marque -> The Settlers
    List: The Settlers Online

(Fortunately not too difficult)

I won't translate the game description (as I'm sure most of us are aware of it) but go straight to the translation of what's in the box:

The boxed version of "The Settlers Online" game offers you all you need to discover the game with exclusive content and benefits for a total value of over 40 Euros

• 4000 gems (game currency) worth € 39.90 to use to accelerate development or share with your friends to discover the game
    • The Adventure "Nordics" A tribe of wild Nordic threaten to burn and plunder your kingdom ... beat them back!
    • Troop Strengthening: Halve the time to recruit your troops!
    • Three strategic reference guides to lead you to better strategies for conquest!
    • A pack of additional resources that will help you create the foundation of your empire.

List of in-game items:
    • 4000 Gems (4000 Gems)
    • Nords Adventure (795 Gems)
    • Improved Drill Plan (125 Gems)

Additional Resources (From Amazon.co.uk):
    • 400 Stones (75 Gems)
    • 400 Planks (65 Gems)
    • 100 Tools (55 Gems)
    • 20 Settlers (190 Gems (2x Foreign Settler Family @ 95 Gems /each))

Total Gem Value: 5,305

Gem Cost: 500 Gems = 4.99 Euro (no sale, no bonus, most basic price)
    If 500 Gems = 4.99 Euro then 4000 Gems = 39.92 Euro.
    Likewise, 5,305 Gems = 52.94 Euros.

Their statement that 4000 Gems is worth 39.90 Euro is valid.
    Their statement that the total value is over 40 Euros is also valid.

(Note, this post was intended purely to translate and indicate where the prices are comming from and has nothing to do with justification of any of the prices or values).

Thank you.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Okey, now that I did my translation! Here's my commentary piece:

Of the items included in the box, the REALITY is that the majority of players (who have played this game for a week or more) would not pay cash/Gems for:
    Additional Resources Pack (Stones, Planks, Tools, Settlers)
    Improved Drill Plan.

They MAY pay for the Nords and of course the 4000 Gems.

4000 Gems + The Nords (795 Gems) = 4795 Gems.
    Given that I have never seen Gems not on some sort of 'bonus included' sale and that I can always buy 4800 Gems for 24.99 Euro, I would say the fair value of the box is 24.99 Euro.

The good news is: The box is priced at 24.99 Euro! So you are not really 'loosing' by buying the box. The benefit is you do get those basic resources and improved drill plan for 'free'.

So, if you were thinking of buying the 4800 Gem Pack in the shop and using some to get the Nords, buy the Settlers Box instead. Same cost, with a few extras thrown in.

If you were thinking of buying gems in Bulk, or would not spend gems on the Nords, then give it a miss.

tl;dr: Not a rip off, but not a great deal either. Slight misleading on box but that's advertising for you.

Thank you.

*goes back to sipping his brew*

Reply to Thread