Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Retail pack

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

[Feedback] Retail pack

why does ubisoft only issue hard copies as retail packs?
    for one it is only available in a handful of countries, may ppl cant buy this way or have to wait days and days

2nd, it is all about the codes.
    this way ubisoft pollutes our planet for nothing.. plastics, transport.. all polluting.. for what? so we can chuck the disc in the bin as soon as we registered the codes? (i didnt put the starter pack cd in the pc either, just got the codes and threw away the disc, like most of us) what a waste and such bad example for all the kids on here.. you want them to be as nonchalant as you guys with our planet in the future?
    i am sure, if the retail pack was downloadable, ubisoft would sell a lot more to impulse buyers.. more profit for ubisoft and a lot less pollution for our planet.. which would mean a better, earth-friendly image for ubisoft as well.

Also, it is a pity that the release is AFTER dutch xmas, which is on december 5th, however, it looks like dutch ppl aren't allowed to get the new retail pack anyway
    Then..: the new pack has no special items? just a few resources, gems and an adventure that is waay too hard for beginners!? that is hardly a tickle to buy anyway

Come on Ubisoft.. it is so easy to do better than this!

World
    Northisle
    Why not give a discount to existing users for a digital version ? it is Xmas soon after all ... :-)

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Hello,

I do not have any information on digital versions right now.

If I do, you guys will be the first to know

Regards

Bb_Dantesama
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

billyjoel
    Quote Originally Posted by MissChief75 View Post
    why does ubisoft only issue hard copies as retail packs?
    for one it is only available in a handful of countries, may ppl cant buy this way or have to wait days and days

2nd, it is all about the codes.
    this way ubisoft pollutes our planet for nothing.. plastics, transport.. all polluting.. for what? so we can chuck the disc in the bin as soon as we registered the codes? (i didnt put the starter pack cd in the pc either, just got the codes and threw away the disc, like most of us) what a waste and such bad example for all the kids on here.. you want them to be as nonchalant as you guys with our planet in the future?
    i am sure, if the retail pack was downloadable, ubisoft would sell a lot more to impulse buyers.. more profit for ubisoft and a lot less pollution for our planet.. which would mean a better, earth-friendly image for ubisoft as well.

Also, it is a pity that the release is AFTER dutch xmas, which is on december 5th, however, it looks like dutch ppl aren't allowed to get the new retail pack anyway
    Then..: the new pack has no special items? just a few resources, gems and an adventure that is waay too hard for beginners!? that is hardly a tickle to buy anyway

Come on Ubisoft.. it is so easy to do better than this!
    you must understand that you are not the target audience for this. you are 1 in 1000 who won't buy it. i buy it, i LOVE to have retail box with cd and codes, i can put on shelves. its magic to hold or figt them as box.

you miss the idea

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    i am not saying i wont buy it, i am sauying i CANT buy it cos its not available in Holland. also, if i could buy it as a download version, maybe i'd buy more than 1..
    i am sure there are a lot of impulse buyers like me.
    you are 1 in 1000 who is attached to a box for the shelf.
    1 option shouldnt exclude the other, right?
    its a missed opportunity.

billyjoel
    you can always buy from amazon, cost is not that bad i think

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    you are missing the point billy, read my opening post

for one, i dont want to pay lots of extra postage for a cd i dont need in the first place, all i want is the virtual goodies after all.
    for me, sustainability is more important than a game so i really dont need all the extra plastics in my bin..

Then, as an impulse buyer, if i would want a package like this, i'd want it NOW! and not wait for days and days.
    If i have to wait that long, i change my mind 10 x before actually buying it.
    So its not very commercial of Ubisoft.
    As game producers they should understand the human psyche.. if people can actually have the package they want RIGHT NOW, their sales would explode, i guarantee that
    Last edited by MissChief75; 08.11.12 at 17:26.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    hiya.
    MissChief75 well said, you are absolutely spot on with your comments.
    I agree 100%
    Last edited by unicornlinzy1; 08.11.12 at 18:20.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    The starter pack was available as a digital version in a few countries, Poland for example.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree with you 100%, being in AUS we can't buy it here either, but I would if I could get it as a digital version and more then one. Why do only get a few countries the extra things? are the rest of the world not as important as players?

Reply to Thread