Reply to Thread

Thread: A rough guide to Secluded Experiments

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle

A rough guide to Secluded Experiments

Decided I wanted to give Secluded Experiments a go. Why? Well, because. It's a game and I fancied the challenge of tackling an adventure myself without a guide to lead me.

I kept track of every fight I did and here's my rough guide to completing Secluded Experiments as a Google Docs spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lhCQVpnc3pGdHc

It assumes you have a veteran general and 100 Elite soldiers. You need at least two other normal generals.

Camp numbers are taken from http://www.settlersonlinetools.com/en/combat_simulator/

It mostly makes use of 1R blocks, but there is one timed block on the far right of the map (camps 41/42).

The blocks are mostly explained in terms of distance between block and attack rather than spoon-feeding you locations on the assumption that if you're even thinking of attempting this adventure, you know what you're doing. However, I've included an image for one particularly complicated block.

You can use bows on some of the camps, but I largely decided to stick with recruits. Attacking every camp would take almost 10,000 recruits, so my guide keeps track of where troops have been saved thanks to the blocks.

Troops lost = 5969R, 286B, 90M, 50C, 190LB
    Troops saved = 3581R

Disclaimer: I've only done this adventure once and don't plan to do it again soon, so none of the attacks or blocks have been double checked

For example, one of the blocks actually failed, as I've explained in the guide, but I think it SHOULD work.

LOOT DROPS

39571 experience

300 titanium ore, 1000 hardwood planks, 150 cannons, 800 steel swords, 550 bread, 600 gold coins
    500 titanium ore, 1000 marble, 800 steel swords, 150 cannons, 550 bread, 1500 wheat deposit
    700 Granite, 1000 hardwood planks, 600 Steel swords, 600 Steel swords, 600 wheat refill
    Last edited by Gerontius; 11.11.12 at 20:20. Reason: loot drops

World
    Northisle
    Suggestion: have a look here: Secluded Experiments with Polymer`s minds
    Basically on that tricky block you post image of you can skip the south camp entirely, no need to block or attack it
    Last edited by Polymer; 11.11.12 at 07:44.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Thanks, missed that one. See you went for the bowman route. Pretty similar losses overall, though, even though you had the advantage of a bigger pool of elites.

I think there's only really significant troop savings to be made once you have some cannons!

Happy settling

G
    Last edited by Gerontius; 11.11.12 at 12:03.

World
    Northisle
    Yes, cannons might drop losses with maybe 1k extra recruits+bowmen. It also depends on the way you tackle the south sectors:
    - the way you do blocks in south-west sector (sector 9 on my map) and
    - the direction you decide to approach leader sector: you can decide to take down sector 11 first (either via approach from sector 9 ->sector 10 as some maps do or via blocking way from sector 8 through sector 10) and get to sector 12 from sector 11 direction
    Chose bowmen route as promised less deaths.

And you were probably mid adventure if not finished already when I post that guide.
    Last edited by Polymer; 11.11.12 at 13:43.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Yeah, the timing was amazing

Reply to Thread