Closed Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary 20/11/2012

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Every time there's a change that people don't like, the first thing in mind is : A lot of people will leave now!

They never did, why start now? (:

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think you dont want to understand.
    BB promisses a long time ago, to find a solution for the level 50 players.
    Every time they excuses about there delay.

Also now there is no date for this solution, and also now that we cant spare xp, i really think this is the end for a lot of players.

What can we do till they have a solution?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Seeing how the lv cap issue has already been voiced by a number of people, I'll skip that for now. I'm not too sure if the guild quests have been taken all the way to where players are expecting, but at least the guild coin system is a major improvement. For the news interface and whatnot, I'll wait till that gets to the test stage before forming an opinion about them.

On a more positive note, I personally found the economic adventures something to really look forward to. As players level up and develop their island to a small recruit factory, there eventually is nothing more to do than to rebuild mines, wells and wheatfields. All buildings are lv5 and all production chains run smoothly, so it all feels kind of, well, done. The idea of having an adventure island where you only have a few buildings and settlers and no resources, where every new building makes an impact, every earned resource goes to immediate use and every expenditure needs to be well thought out, that just seems like the good old days! One thing though BB: Please, please make it so that you can have an economic adventure and a military adventure running simultaneously. The best use of the economic adventures for players is when a general needs to recover, or troops need to transport, or a loot buyer is taking time, and no progress can be made in the adventure. It's at those times when boredom would strike, but now players could fill those empty gaps by micro-managing their economic adventure in the meantime.

Thanks for the update and I look forward to all the new features!

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Orca, what do you mean excuses? Do you think they don't want you to have fun? Maybe for it to ne done they need to chance thimgs that would have other impacts, that are not wecolmed.

No really, calm down. I'm sure they know what they're doing and all of use will be satisfied (:

World
    Newfoundland
    Why would they delete it? its seems not necessary at all. Some players have been waiting a long time and have saved mails with xp. Not really fair imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Orca45 View Post
    LEVEL CAP RAISE

The max level (currently: 50) will be raised. XPs that are stored as messages in the mailbox will be deleted before if older than 2 weeks.

This must be a joke.
    When this isn't a joke, i think a lot of players will stop te game immediatley

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Personally i have been slowing down on levelling and trying to get more loot. So, i completely stopped with xp-heavy adventures and started doing easy adventures only. I even stopped doing SFTR.. This was all thinking that I only needed to fill the gap till the end of the year.. But now, even that is out of the question

With almost all of my buildings at level 5 I won't be able to use any of the loot anymore. Yes, I plan on having a decent stockpile of granite and exotic planks, but more is not really needed. So, what now? I will reach L50 at the end of next month assuning, I will slow down a bit even further. But after that its EOC for me.. So, it might be time to do some SE"s just to try to get some nice buildings and thats it.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Some people have been 50 for a long time, there isn't much point for them if as soon as the new cap is added they hit that and start saving xp for the next cap. They could do with the XP being converted into something once you hit the cap rather than just deleting it, maybe quite a low xp->gem conversion so you get something like 1gem per 1000xp, that way a full clear of adventures like dark brotherhood would give ~50gems. I would think gems are the only useful resource left to get for a long time lvl50.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Rising the level cap will help you out of your situation. But keep in mind that you knew there is a lvl cap still you played. So you knew what you jump into from the beggining.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    Some people have been 50 for a long time, there isn't much point for them if as soon as the new cap is added they hit that and start saving xp for the next cap. They could do with the XP being converted into something once you hit the cap rather than just deleting it, maybe quite a low xp->gem conversion so you get something like 1gem per 1000xp, that way a full clear of adventures like dark brotherhood would give ~50gems. I would think gems are the only useful resource left to get for a long time lvl50.
    I completely agree with you.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    +1

Closed Thread