Closed Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary 20/11/2012

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Can anyone please explain me why is that every time somebody is not satisfied with one thing, the first thing she/he does is telling everyone that she/he is going to quit the game and add a ton of drama to it? Does this works?

This happens in every game, you CANNOT satisfy all the players! Even this lvl 50 thing, I know it hurts, but why not look on the bright side? I bet they didn't do it just to [removed] all of us!

You whinebags must understand! They did this, so we can have more! I bet that if there would be a way to do it better, they would! Any sane company does.

Rebelyon,

No profanity please.

Sinister-King
    Last edited by Sinister-King; 21.11.12 at 14:43.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    StarCaller,

Based on the tsotesting experience :

1. New guilds will arrise just for this. New communities are created and a lot of people will enjoy the game. I like the limit. Also, if you go to the test servers, you can see that there's a balance to the Guild Coins.

2. There is a thing called database. You either wipe it all or you don't touch it. Easy. If you want to play them you'll need a new account and start over.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Kavoan,

Yeah, that's why the closed/open beta server are flooded with people... because they're scared away. Did you even try Anno? As far as I know it's more famous that Settlers

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ironmind - No in 13 months and a few days.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    What a bunch of Whingebags!
    Why would you want to shoot straight to level 60 or so with the saved exp, that defeats the object of raising the cap in the first place.
    As Kavoan suggested first way back in the thread, it should be converted to another currency, gems or guild coins.
    I can understand you must have been saving it for when the cap is raised but that is your own fault, why on earth would they allow you to do that, Iv'e never known a multi-player game that would allow you to keep exp banked and use it to recap lol that's ridiculous.

It closes the gap on new and old players this way, which on the whole is a good thing for the game.
    "you can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time”.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelyon View Post
    StarCaller,

Based on the tsotesting experience :

1. New guilds will arrise just for this. New communities are created and a lot of people will enjoy the game. I like the limit. Also, if you go to the test servers, you can see that there's a balance to the Guild Coins.
    I still don't get it how minimum member limit could help to create new guilds?. It will actually wipe small guilds out. (They either accept new members or disband guild and join some other).

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelyon View Post
    There is a thing called database. You either wipe it all or you don't touch it. Easy. If you want to play them you'll need a new account and start over.
    It has nothing to do with database. Well.. at least not like you say. Why? Because almost all quests are new. So most likely BB will have to mark them manually or with some script as completed. Allowing to do them all is even easier than autocompleting them.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    People who are bored should join the test server and TEST not just play for the rewards when there are stress tests. You rarely get bored on the test server as no sooner do you get things going than the whole thing is wiped and you start again.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by StarCaller View Post
    I still don't get it how minimum member limit could help to create new guilds?. It will actually wipe small guilds out. (They either accept new members or disband guild and join some other).

It has nothing to do with database. Well.. at least not like you say. Why? Because almost all quests are new. So most likely BB will have to mark them manually or with some script as completed. Allowing to do them all is even easier than autocompleting them.
    I mean no disrespect, but you're wrong. So wrong. Why am I having an argument with somebody who clearly didn't go to the TSO TEST and play the version?

Anyway, here are the answers :

1. The guild quests are different depending on Guild size. The lowest doable guild quest requires at least 10 players. We checked some of the rewards and quest and it makes perfect sense. So people WILL fund new guilds and will want to grow so the quest become more challanging and more rewarding. It's logical, and it does work.

2. All the NEW quests are from lvl 1 on. It's a quest chain. All the additional quest are also level based. So if you're lvl 27, why should you get lvl 15 quests? There's no challange and the rewards are too low for you.
    Last edited by Rebelyon; 21.11.12 at 10:03.

World
    Newfoundland
    NEW LEVEL-UP WINDOW

• New level-up window which shows up each time you level up; it also shows you graphical feedback about new abilities
    • With every level up, you gain some resources
    Will we still get same amount of gems with level-up?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'm lvl50 player and never saved exp in mail cause I was afraid things will be like this. Still I have to agree with all the players who saved exp. All the adv they played took time and resources. At lvl50 adv are not about the loot anymore but about exp.
    I stand on the side of the players who saved exp.

Big NO to deleting mails.

Closed Thread