Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironmind View Post
    hahaha this made my day

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Some good reactions to the bad decision to delete over 50's xp (especially fishslices) but as some people have indicated one of the best points has been missed. To get to level 50 without investing real money is a famous acvhievement. However, games like this need real money investment by those who want to, to fund the game. Blue Byte is not producing this game for charity purposes. Some people have invested a huge amount of real cash. Now Blue Byte - with this decision - has alienated these investers. I saw someone mention Annon Online - this decision to delete level 50's xp, will probably affect the investment gamers who change to Annon online. They will invest no real cash at all. Where will this leave Blue Byte - no cash invetsment. I really suggest relooking at this decision OR explain better why it has been taken. Blue Byte ask yourself why should anyone invest real cash in any game ?

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I won't argue about guild quests as so far I have done nice without one.

About second one... If you play at test server then you should have noticed that there are a lot of useful rewards from the shop. Improved Drill Plan, buffs, decorations (well ofc if you care about them), maybe other gem items. And as you say that quests are easy then think about it as "almost free shop items". Well I am mostly interested in decorations, but it can be difficult in your case.

PS.: And playing in test server... Well I don't see the point at all. Just log in sometime to look around whats incoming and that's all. IMO it's impossible to plan anything serious there as it has wipes every now and then.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by StarCaller View Post
    Maybe nice. If you won't be forcing players into it. Like do pvp or you otherwise won't get extremely useful resource X, skill points or something else. Because strong players will easily wipe out weak ones and game will become quite unbalanced and disappointing. As example I could mention gem buyer having 250 limit generals vs simple player with 200 limit. Not even mentioning initial troop capacity due to Noble deeds from shop, licences on main island (and better economy) and so on. And something like level difference and current limiting of what units you can build will be bad as well. (Even 14 level can buy cannons in the shop. Just he can't train them.)
    PS.: I would like to point to those players like myself who are happy that they can't be attacked and came to play this game just because there is no PVP.

Well it's quite nice news, but everything will depend on how it will be implemented. It can make this game much more interesting, but it can ruin it as well.

"This information will calm down a lot of players: it will not be possible to attack home islands of other players – they will be protected from attacks."

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelyon View Post
    StarCaller,

Based on the tsotesting experience :

1. New guilds will arrise just for this. New communities are created and a lot of people will enjoy the game. I like the limit. Also, if you go to the test servers, you can see that there's a balance to the Guild Coins.
    So if I for example made a guild to me and a few friends, lets say in total 5. Just for the fun and to have our own guild chat to use, why should we be punished into accepting outsiders into our guild or having to dispand the guild and join some bigger guild just to be able to have the fun of the guild quests and in that way experience the entire game?

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilst View Post
    "This information will calm down a lot of players: it will not be possible to attack home islands of other players – they will be protected from attacks."
    Its not about attacking home island. Its about situation like this:
    1) BB adds new resource X to game.
    2) X can be found only in pvp zones.
    3) You have to participate in pvp in order to advance in game.
    Result: You are forced to do pvp because you can't get it otherwise.

Sure it's not even close as bad as attacks on home island, but still something like this wouldn't be nice (at least to me).

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Faststriker View Post
    So if I for example made a guild to me and a few friends, lets say in total 5. Just for the fun and to have our own guild chat to use, why should we be punished into accepting outsiders into our guild or having to dispand the guild and join some bigger guild just to be able to have the fun of the guild quests and in that way experience the entire game?
    That's exactly why I don't like that limit as well. Just in my case it would be 3 players. I guess it is related how guild quests are designed. Most likely it's like this "10 players donate 250 of resource X" instead of "entire guild donate 2500 of x". You could complete second quest with 1 member in the guild if he can afford it. Well that's my guess.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Faststriker View Post
    That's not an argument. I could rebuke that with :

So if I for example made a guild for me and my friends, but we can't get enough people to play with, will this feature create players who are more eager to join guilds?

Yes.

And keep in mind, balancing is also a HUGE and SENSITIVE factor here. It must be done in blocks. 5 is not a block. 10 is the first. This means that every 10 is a size factor. So I think it goes : 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 and 90. Each size range will have their own balanced Guild quests. It makes total sense.

Also this might help you and your four friends to be more social, and your guild to be more productive, get more guild coins faster and so on.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by StarCaller View Post
    That's exactly why I don't like that limit as well. Just in my case it would be 3 players. I guess it is related how guild quests are designed. Most likely it's like this "10 players donate 250 of resource X" instead of "entire guild donate 2500 of x". You could complete second quest with 1 member in the guild if he can afford it. Well that's my guess.
    All the guild quests are in 2 parts. Each individual has a personal quest - currently mine is to play the Christmas Adventure. Once a set number of members have done their personal quest then the guild quest is completed.

More people should use the test server then you would know what is coming and how things work.

PS.: And playing in test server... Well I don't see the point at all. Just log in sometime to look around whats incoming and that's all. IMO it's impossible to plan anything serious there as it has wipes every now and then.
    It is not intended as a playing server but for testing prior to being released on the main servers. How can things be tested if you are not prepared to start all over again from time to time?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    staging isnt even good for testing really as they want to test things that are impossible to test unless you decide to dedicate seaizable portions of time remodelling the island to fit the testing circumstances- Once again lazy stuff.

If you want people to test- make stuff outside of test circumstances easy and the rest as close as possible to real situation. What purpose does it serve if i have to rebuild the island economy over a week to be able to test adventures in a proper way by having the right setup /resources to make troops in big enough quantities and once i have it running smoothly it gets iped after 2 more weeks and you can redo the same thing as their setup is bad for testing purposes (not as bad as it used to be but still bad)

Closed Thread