Closed Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary 20/11/2012

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    ?
    Last edited by Kavoan; 22.11.12 at 15:58.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi All

The way i see it is the people on lvl 50 that are crying for new content, if they have saved so much xp then they will hit the next lvl cap sooner and then be crying for more new content so thats why they are getting it taken away - because the rest of the game will suffer if all they are doing is trying to get new content out ever month or 2 - how about they fix the problems that are there at the moment like the trade screen freezing and the guild quests not working to name a few then they will have more time to focus on getting new content out so everyone is happy
    Sandy Cove
    Lord_Set

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland

Possible resolution to the negative feedback re deleting inbox rewards for L50 player

I do understand why some players say those on L50 shouldn't keep their XP stored in their inbox but for me I still see this as BB stealing our hard earned XP.

The issue I have is that we was told back in June that the L50+ features would be available in the fall and as per my previous post that means September.

I hit L50 in August and based upon what we was all told by BB I expected to only wait a few weeks for BB to introduce the new features so I wouldn't have collected enough XP to level up again, maybe just a little boost to help me on my way.

Instead BB kept us in the dark, time moved on, no announcement from BB that we would be wasting gems, gold coins and map fragments buying and completing adventures. If BB had told us all this then I would have played differently. Instead I now feel like they have acted fraudulently in encouraging some of us to spend money on this game and continue supporting the wider community and then pulling the rug from under us.

I know BB wont let us keep the xp, the German and USA servers have an even bigger problem as they went live before this one. BB have I assume taken this decision to delete some inbox contents and not other content on a global basis and it is purely focused on preventing those with stored XP having an unfair advantage......

So what would I like to see happen?
    1. Well they have now made their position on the matter clear so I'm happy for them to delete all uncollected adventure loot contents from 20/11/2012 till the L50+ features are implemented so long as they give sufficient notice and provide a more definitive timeline rather than just a 2013 outlook
    2. Adventure rewards have 2 components - xp reward and loot so I would like recompensing for the adventures I have completed since attaining L50 through to 19/11/2012 for which I have not received the xp reward element.

My suggestion would be that BB return 50% of the gem cost of the adventure in leiu of not being able to receive 50% of the reward (the XP element). This will be relatively easy as BB have previously done a scan of adventures completed between key dates and identified users impacted and will mean that those impacted will no longer feel penalised for their efforts.

Additionally this would remove any perceived unfair advantage or problem with leveling to quickly.

Regards,
    fishslice

Note to BB: This is a feedback thread so it would be great to know you are listening and this issue has been escalated past the Community Managers to people that have the ability to make decisions on this sort of topic.
    Last edited by fishslice; 21.11.12 at 21:12.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I like the sound of most of the new content. But I am dubious about when you will deliver the stuff marked for "FURTHER OUTLOOK – 2013" My feedback on each of these is:

NEWS WINDOW: nice to have but not critical to my enjoyment of the game or to keep me playing

ECONOMIC ADVENTURES: Sounds brilliant. One thing - maybe you should have a rule against the creation and sharing of step by step guides. Really tough to implement and enforce but if there is a guide that tells me how to optimally play the adventure then it will soon lose its freshness and appeal.

PVP: Well to be honest I am not sure if this is for me but I can see that the development, together with economic adventures, adds interest to the game - so I welcome this too.... but not as much as the Economic Adventures

LEVEL CAP RAISE: Top priority me, simply because you promised it back in June and have misled those affected since then. I am dissapointed that there is no clear delivery target or clarity over how it will benefit a player to be level 52 or 60 - given how long ago you put it in the public domain.
    I do think that what really matters for these players though is new and challenging content - so PVP and economic adventures are still really important.

LEVEL CAP RAISE - XP stored in mailbox: You are making a mistake here BB!
    Many of the lvl50 players have helped to fund the game for free players like myself. They rightly feel misled by BB and this bad feeling is going to impact on how readily they and others spend money on this or other games, especially BB games.
    You really really should have made it clear what was going to happen with the stored XP as soon as you told that level 51 would be coming. Don't let people believe that they could use up the stored XP for months and then take it away at the last moment.
    +1

I'm only level 40 and I for one have no problem with those players maybe jumping 2 or 3 levels when it kicks in, after all if the update had been brought in earlier then they would already be there wouldn't they, and even if you deny them the xp they ( if they continue to play ) will still get to these higher levels before us lower level players - so BB your decision is pointless and very very petty
    +1 especially since BB first promised the update for lvl50 players in June

................... well everything Fishslicehas said ........
    +1 Well, everything he has said seems to make sense to me. Whether you change your mind about wiping experience in their mail or you find an alternative way of compensating them you really have to do something BB!

FINALLY: As has been said - this is a feedback thread. Please show us that you have been listening BB!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    xp is earnt and should be rewarded as such if a player is lv 50 they have worked hard to get there and they should be allowed to keepwhat they have earned
    a lower lv player will moan if they where in the same boat im not a lv 50 player before you ask i think fair is fair

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    The new quest system still does not work. We've tested it over and over again, and the Devs appear to have ignored all the bug reports. From the taster this week on german servers, it appears that some of the most problematical have been dropped, but the system still needs a lot of work.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    1+ for fishlice's reaction.

All i seen in dev's diarylooks ok but then iam no 50lev who been stacking up adv reward mails, i think BB made an epic troll here or got no commercial brain!!!

BB really? reconsider or compensate those who been testing,paying and playing your Beta, who stayed loyal to game wenn they hit 50 and kept doing boring adventures.

What u think all those lev 49 players will do now?? even pp who's 48lev and got xmass holidays to spend cash on your game??? U pp blind for reason maybe but not for cash id guess lots off money could be made of those in high 40 levels!!!!

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    My suggestion would be that BB return 50% of the gem cost of the adventure in leiu of not being able to receive 50% of the reward (the XP element). This will be relatively easy as BB have previously done a scan of adventures completed between key dates and identified users impacted and will mean that those impacted will no longer feel penalised for their efforts.
    Sorry but I strongly disagree on this. Giving gems would even be more unfair to others (who can't get them) than just allowing you to keep all that exp. But it could be some other resources (Granite, GC or something random). Well IMO they should replace exp to something alse for a max lv players anyways as it is useless to them.

PS.: It's similar to bug/exploit anyways and should be fixed. Maybe deleting all rewards after a set of time. There is no other reason why person would keep their rewards for so long. It really looks like exploiting game design flaws and then being upset that devs say that it shouldn't be that way. And such unpleasant fix would solve all this mess and ensure it won't happen again.
    Last edited by StarCaller; 22.11.12 at 05:51.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello All!

I'm not level 50 by any means, but I can understand what those who are, are going through.

It took effort to get XP.
    There was nothing else to do but get XP (and loot).
    Therefore, they should not loose that XP/Loot. To loose it would be BB saying: Everything you've done for the last x months is now deleted. This is worst for the player than doing nothing.

Fishslice gave a good option: All XP earned before <date> can be kept, and earned after is lost. This in essence is BB giving us notice/warning to not get MORE XP as it would be lost. Fair enough.

And of course the other option is that all XP is converted into Gems. This can at least be used in someway by the player (or converted and sold for gold).

And one final option is to allow the XP to go stay (or at least some of it?). Not sure how far beyond level 50 some people would get, but if it just a few levels, surely that is okey. If it would suddenly get them to CAP then not so much. So a compromoise can be made here as well: If you have XP that would get you beyond level 52, you are only granted 52, the rest converted into Gems.

There are many better options than making it all disappear.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by TotoMok View Post
    Hello All!

I'm not level 50 by any means, but I can understand what those who are, are going through.

It took effort to get XP.
    There was nothing else to do but get XP (and loot).
    Therefore, they should not loose that XP/Loot. To loose it would be BB saying: Everything you've done for the last x months is now deleted. This is worst for the player than doing nothing.

Fishslice gave a good option: All XP earned before <date> can be kept, and earned after is lost. This in essence is BB giving us notice/warning to not get MORE XP as it would be lost. Fair enough.

And of course the other option is that all XP is converted into Gems. This can at least be used in someway by the player (or converted and sold for gold).

And one final option is to allow the XP to go stay (or at least some of it?). Not sure how far beyond level 50 some people would get, but if it just a few levels, surely that is okey. If it would suddenly get them to CAP then not so much. So a compromoise can be made here as well: If you have XP that would get you beyond level 52, you are only granted 52, the rest converted into Gems.

There are many better options than making it all disappear.
    Well i still doesn't agree with Gems idea. Any resource is OK - but gems no way. It would be OK on American server where they are giving away gems whenever some errors arise or just as gift. But on this server they almost never give free gems. And it would be unfair to others that some players would get tons of gems simply by doing something they shouldn't do in very first place. It would incredibly boost them. Even more than that exp. (look at all upcoming features like skills points for gems and so on). Besides that would be bad for BB as less ppl would pay for gems. I'm not even talking about how difficult it would be to find a suitable conversion rate. Well do you imagine how much some players would get? Just think about those who save them for 6 months. If BB are rising cap by only 2 levels then they most likely will get capped right after update goes live. Imagine how many will cry then that someone exploited and got unfair advantage? I guess BB has two options to choose from and chooses better one. Besides sorry for this but I have to say I really doubt they care after players who try to cheat the system. It they would, that would be first time I see something like that. Usually it's like this: You do something what wasn't intended - your problem. And just loosing something is one of the better options. Besides they were informed and still can take all those rewards now. Or are they deleted already?

Closed Thread