Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Maitenance Times

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Maitenance Times

Just have to say i am, and probably others. Getting feed up with maitenance times going well past schedule. I and alot of other players spend money on this game, yet devs dont seem to care about the scheduled maitenance times. They have since been increased to 6 1/2 hrs and yet still cant get the game back online in time. I really dont understand this, i have played a fair few online games and never has the weekly maitenance been as long as settlers. In saying this i could understand maitenance, but it doesnt seem that they is alot of improvements or bug fixes. I believe that maitenance should be kept to schedule considering devs already have 6 1/2 hrs. Also we should be compensated for maitenance goign over schedule as us players are the ones that lose out.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    You seem to be writing this rant exactly at the time they are implementing one of the largest update packs for months. Generally, I would agree with you, but in this instance I'd cut BB some slack since the update is significantly larger and complex than a standard weekly update.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well another game i used to play, EVE-online, was always messing after major updates. It is not that uncommon...

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Aye you could see it coming as well. Big update in a game is generally issues the day after. Seeing how it was only about 40 min over time and no issues after I think they did fine. As a precaution I stopped my entire goldproduction last night to be sure buffs wouldn't run out

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    I don't care if they overrun - it's when they shutdown the server earlier than stated. Twice in last month or so maintenance has begun 10-15 mins earlier than stated, right in the middle of swapping baskets. Not good.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    No issues after?? That'll be why i've been struggling to login all day and when i have managed to get logged in i've been gettig kicked out as soon as I idle on the home island for more than 15 minutes or so like many others have reported.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Fero View Post
    You seem to be writing this rant exactly at the time they are implementing one of the largest update packs for months. Generally, I would agree with you, but in this instance I'd cut BB some slack since the update is significantly larger and complex than a standard weekly update.
    This has been going on for months, not just now when they are doing this specific update.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    And now its going on for 8.5hrs and still cant get small bugs fixed, such as guild tab and flashing whisper, not to mention the connection problems! I have played many online games and even though this is one i throughly enjoy. It is getting ruined by the lack of admin skill. I do hope this improves in the future!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Having worked in software development and large-scale deployment there is nothing so unwanted and soul torturing as deployment leading to user dissatisfaction. We can be supremely grateful that there has been a distinct lack of data loss during these problems but when your service is time dependent it really harms enjoyment when that time is lost. It hasn't helped that many of the newly implemented additions have been poorly thought-out and buggy (Test users have reported in the forums that the bugs where known and simply ignored and moved live.. just compounding the issue).

Whats worse is the response has been to give rather meager bonus items, that in some cases don't come close to the time and resources lost, so some who've had little problems got a nice boost while those who suffered got little.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    This is really bad TSO. First of there was no information provided about this reset for christmas event, even though i also posted a thread and still no-one from admin could answer my questions or refused to. Now to top it off, a in game message came up just before maitenance to state it will be a short miatenance. lol short for you guys, i would hate to see what is long. So far it has been close to 2.5 hrs. You guys really need to pick your act up, or you will lose alot of players because you cant even provide a game that can go interupted or too schedule! And the least you could do is provide some updates as to how the maitenance is going or the expeced time. ie on the facebook page

Closed Thread