Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: No more gems for leveling up?

World
    Newfoundland
    I'm very disapointed at BB atm, it feels like the oldtimers that have been here for a long time and managed to reach high levels are being punished, and new players rewarded.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Well just levelling up to 33 i am quite dissapointed...you plan weeks ahead for an adventure and then baammmm rewards get changed...Gems are harder to get then coins and I dont like it..

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    New list of level Rewards:
    http://www.siedlertools.de/wiki/Erfahrungspunkte

And the English translation (through Google):
    http://bit.ly/SjbdXO

Cheers to everyone who put this together so quickly.

Edit: Level 39 is Exotic Logs, not Planks. Please post any other mistakes you find.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 23.11.12 at 22:21.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    http://www.siedlertools.de/wiki/Erfahrungspunkte
    If the German wiki is right, we actually get less gems from leveling up after the update.

Total gems receive before update: 5890
    Total gems receive after update: 5280

I just level up from 35 to 36 and i didn't get any gem.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    So, it seems those of us who were hoping to finally start getting gems soon (to reach 32), were quite screwed over. All the other materials one can get in-game, so it doesn't really compare even if we were showered by that stuff. Basically means anyone who already managed to get to 40 got an extra 10-15 license-worth that we're stripped off. It balances slightly later on (late 40's), but even considering the total gem count [ref. chamois's post] we'll be about 9 license-worth short. Of course, anyone now around 40 wins.

All the other changes so far seemed great, but this gem stripping makes me sad.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Makes me mad too, i want the extra 400 gems i am going to be owed. I just lvl'ed up and got 400 gold coins for lvl 37... gold coins? I can get them easily enough, it's them gems i lvl up for.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    i got nothing going from 35 to 36
    Kanaske

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by kanaske View Post
    i got nothing going from 35 to 36
    Hello kanaske,

You will earn most of your gems from levels 40-50 .

Enjoy,
    Sinister-King

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister-King View Post
    Hello kanaske,

You will earn most of your gems from levels 40-50 .

Enjoy,
    Sinister-King
    The trouble is, moving the goalposts like this has scuppered progression, and made a serious dent to the possibility of achieving thye goals for this End of the World event.
    While on Newfoundland, I was fortunate enough to have passed the level 40 point already, on the 4 other 'younger' servers, I'm languishing in the 30's, where I was planning to use the gems from levelling to purchase more building licences, which would then make it possible to build the next 3 Expert level buildings and also to add more Noble Residences, so I could start to build larger armies for these huge adventures.
    Instead, I'm still restricted to the lower-level adventures (crippling progression), and with few Crossbows obtained from the market, this event is horrendous, as I'm trying to replace troops on the fly, within the confines of a very tight time limit, even when the lag and login problems permit, (not helped with insane repeating Guild Quests and the concurrent running of the Xmas event, there are just too many adventures to be done in too short a time-frame).
    The stats speak for themselves, younger servers cannot compete on a level playing field for this event, and for the goal posts to be moved like this has made it even worse. Ill thought-out.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Dantesama View Post
    Hello guys,

The level up reward system has simply been changed, you guys will actually get more than ever before.

You will still get gems OR something of the same value whilst leveling.

BB_Dantesama

By "same value" you mean as if you'd bought resources in trade shop for gems - Which everyone knows are VERY over priced compared to what you get them for in-game through the Trade Office. They are NOT same value as gems by a long shot.

You don't get things of the 'same value', you get near worthless rewards, plus some gold, till you hit level 40. After which, you get the same amount of gems, plus some gold. Overall, you get less gems on level up than before. And the extra gold you get past level 40 doesn't make up for the lost gems before level 40.

IMO, this is a negative move. a step back. You now get LESS than you got before. As everyone knows the value of gems far outweighs any resources, and significantly outweighs gold (which cannot be used to get gem only items).

It's creating an environment where more people will be forced to buy gems, which is what this change is aimed at doing. Not supporting players in any way.

Reply to Thread