Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Quest problem - Enough coal/New plans

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Mystic - I get where you are coming from and can get the wood/coal side to balance OK but how can you get the tool production at the same time as not depleting your copper mines?

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    you need to buff as much possible.
    So buff your copper mines, copper smelters and tools, fish will do That will double your output on those. If your bronze bar production is not high enough you have to sleep your bronze swords production, also a good thing to have sleeping is iron/steel production. Sleeping iron/steel will lower your coal consumption.

The trick is to go to the information of your tools production. If you need to have that production higher then 0, then that is the easy part. Any production will do, as there is no consumption.
    Below it you will see the copper bars production, klick on it and you will see what consumes copper bars. In this case its bronze swords and tools only. So buff the bronze bars and your production will double and zzz some bronze swords production if your production of bronze bars is still negative. If it doesn't work, then you have an major problem... as it means you will never be able to produce enough bronze bars even while buffed to run both your tools and bronze swords. The only solution you will have is to upgrade your bronze bars production. Just keep working your way down and keep modifying your production untill all the figures are green. if zzz and buffing don't work, then you know what you need to fix long term also.

This quest is all about learning how to finetume your production. So you should improve your production also, by upgrading your buildings as much as possible.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I've managed to sort out my produce in all areas - thats not the prollbem. I can't close down bronze and produce tool and visa versa. If you produce tools then your bronze production can't be zero. If bronze is zero you can't produce tools.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    The aim of all these production quests is to teach you to have (at least a small) surplus on every level of the production chain.
    This to help you in the future from having smelters and workshops constantly complaining from lack of raw materials.

To have a production of "at least 0" means you must have a surplus, not that you must shut everything down to get exactly 0.

Thus...
    1. if your mines do not supply enough copper ore for your smelters, build another mine.
    2. if your smelters do not supply enough bronze for your workshops and toolmakers, build another smelter (or upgrade an existing one), and return to point 1.
    3. if your toolmakers do not supply enough tools for the quest, and you do not want to produce more, buff your toolmakers.
    You may of course also buff all mines and smelters as well, and thus get the quest fulfilled.
    But that won't help you or teach you how many mines your smelters need or how many smelters your workshops need.

Walking distances also play a role of course... if possible, try placing your smelters a little closer to a storehouse and your workshops and toolmakers a little (not miles) further away from the storehouse.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Cracked it!!!!!

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Thanks!

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Indeed, buffing is your friend. Simply use some Fish Plates on your coal production (mines and/or buildings).
    Just wait until the system starts asking you to have a production value of 120 for Steel Swords. If you don't want to make a second Swordsmaker, then you may say that it seems impossible

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBranch View Post
    Indeed, buffing is your friend. Simply use some Fish Plates on your coal production (mines and/or buildings).
    Just wait until the system starts asking you to have a production value of 120 for Steel Swords. If you don't want to make a second Swordsmaker, then you may say that it seems impossible
    That's not at all impossible, just upgrade and/ or use a triple buff

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I don't like the idea of buffing buildings to complete quests. To my mind you are better off upgrading or building another since then you will have the production which the game requires. To buff is a quick fix but leaves the player without the production they need. With recent unannounced changes to the quest system for low level players they need to have the production so as to be able to complete the daily and guild quests the game will be asking of them, quests which us older players did not have to face. It used to be that you did not have to worry about adventure until you had cleared your island and had built up your army. With the current system players who are level 26 are being asked not only to do adventures which require 3 to 4 times the troops required to clear island camps but are also being asked to do those adventures with troop loss targets as well. Someone who has buffed their Ironsword smith for the quest has no hope of producing the numbers of militia they need for these adventure quests in the time frame of the adventure.

Reply to Thread