Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Only work while buffed

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    If you do not want to play video games do not play video games.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I would love this, but i dont think it will happen. However when the buff is in its final 1 hour stage if it could change colour, so that if a guildie visits and sees this he would check back within the hour ? i hope that made sense :P

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MattxD View Post
    I would love this, but i dont think it will happen. However when the buff is in its final 1 hour stage if it could change colour, so that if a guildie visits and sees this he would check back within the hour ? i hope that made sense :P
    Even better idea Matt come and visit me and ill send you a 10gc bonus :P

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    stacking and overlapping/overwrite buffs to last up to 24h is a better idea. Along with previous suggestions like tagging buildings for buff priority so buff swaps are easier.
    Sadly that is the only interaction between players in this game, especially end-game. People with islands full with buildings can take over 10 mins to swap many buffs which is quite a while to do every 3 or 9 hours.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I dont like because some buildings I'l keep running even when not buffed. I, like a lot of players, have the same person working to buff me. He knows what i want buffing and if he doesn't he simply asks. It's not difficult to tell people what you might want to have buffed. I really don't like anything that automates the game for us. It takes away the control we're supposed to have over it. ANd yes I know a lot of people only have limited time to play, but it's easy enough to click a building to turn it on and off and easy to talk to people about buffs.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    The majority of players that have been playing for a long time are usually afk, as it takes so long for things to happen in this game. Guilds and help chat can be hours without anyone talking and mail might not get a reply in time if you have to leave the game for a period (like going to work/bed).

That's why there are suggestions like flagging buildings you want buffed, or buffs longer than 9h.

The whole idea of having coinage stopped because its inefficient to run it without buffs is not what players want to be doing long-term, as the average player will need 300,000 coins to fully upgrade all their buildings to level 5.(if that's the goal)

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    very good proposal

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    An auto-sleep feature would be excellent. I will leave for work now, server is still down, and till i come back my buildings will have burnt all my resources... FOR NOTHING

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    The majority of players that have been playing for a long time are usually afk, as it takes so long for things to happen in this game. Guilds and help chat can be hours without anyone talking and mail might not get a reply in time if you have to leave the game for a period (like going to work/bed).

That's why there are suggestions like flagging buildings you want buffed, or buffs longer than 9h.

The whole idea of having coinage stopped because its inefficient to run it without buffs is not what players want to be doing long-term, as the average player will need 300,000 coins to fully upgrade all their buildings to level 5.(if that's the goal)
    I've been playing 12months and a lot of the people who started the same time as me have their buidings running 24/7. Not everyone chooses to turn them off when not buffed, and I'm not sure how you know it's 'the majority'. If buildings are turned off automatically after being buffed it means the rest of us have to log on to turn them all back on so it rather defeats the object.

There has to be an element of YOU controllling your town. If everything gets automated then what exactly is the point of the game? I'm well aware that we all need to sleep and work. I have to as well, but I'm also aware that this is one of those suggestions that will please 50% and anger the 50% who have to log on to turn their stuff back on when it stops and they don't want it to.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I think its a good idea, as long as you get the option to keep running or turn off

Reply to Thread