Reply to Thread

Thread: Chat text Colour

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Cool Chat text Colour

HI,
    Would it be possible to include an option to change text colour when in the Whisper tab,

The current purpley colour is very hard to read for me as i am colour blind and really have to strain to read it,

I dont expect that this would be changed on the request of 1 person so i am hoping that i am not the only one struggling with this, (I mean this in the nicest way possible )

I know you have certain colours for certain tabs but as the whisper tab is a private chat would it be possible to have an option to change the colour ourselves in that tab?

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree, and in particular, I'm finding the new dark green text extremely hard to read.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I would add a different colour for your text and different one for the person you speak with in the whisper channel. It would nicely distinguish which text is yours and which one isn't.

For the normal chat, unfortunately I can't complain. With my good sight it is clearly visible and only the nickname and time posted is in green.

World
    Newfoundland
    I too think the green is way too bright,over time the names become just a blur

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Agree, would be best if they changed the whole font/colour schema. As it is now it makes it VERY difficult to read, especially late at night when your eyes are tired.
    Perhaps it has something to do with age? At an age 40+ the eye needs more light to be able to see small things (like these tiny fonts).

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    maybe creating the option to change it all into your personal preferences (color, size of text, width of chatbox, ...) would make everyone happy

2-3 extra tabs to keep multiple 'global' chats open would also be helpful (so you can have for example the trade channel open next to the dutch and english channel)

renaming the globals to what they're meant to be will also help (instead of 'global-3', make it 'trade')

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_PennyUK View Post
    I too think the green is way too bright,over time the names become just a blur
    I agree with the new green being too bright. It certainly does make it hard work for the MODs to make out the names sometimes.

Reply to Thread