Reply to Thread

Thread: Cost of the Game/Gems

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Lightbulb Cost of the Game/Gems

I like this game. However, I will never buy any Gems. The price structure is egregious. Your top tier £99.99 is out of touch with Computer Gaming. A new Off-the-Shelf game usually goes for around £40.00, and that is for an intricate, amazing graphics, top of the line game. Given this, your top tier should be around the same price. However, even if your top tier was £40.00, the amount of gems does not equate to the same 'value' as buying a brand new game. So, you would do best to significantly increase the amount of gems received, or reduce the cost in gems of your purchases so a player gets more for those gems. That said, I speculate that you would sell more of the low tier bundles (the £5 and £10 packs), because there lies a larger portion of your market. People who play online browser games are generally, to be honest, looking for a free or at least very cheap bit of entertainment. These are the packs that you would profit best by making most attractive. Knock off the "Everythings on Sale Always!" advertising. It comes across as a cheap gimmick. Run actual specials where you enhance the value of 1 particular pack. If your pricing was good to start with (remember, as it stands, it is not), you'd sell a mint if one day players came on and saw that they would get more for their money with a £5 pack than with a £40 (or a ridiculous £100) pack. I might even buy several. You might do well to add a £1 and/or £2 tier. It would put you in the market of those who buy Game Apps for their phone devices - providing again, there was value. In looking at what amount of gems would be considered a good value, I offer this observation. In your current pricing, even if you doubled the gems in every pack (and that's doubling the 'bonus' amount), I would still not buy them. I still would not feel like I was getting my money's worth. I believe you could be massively more profitable by appealing to this market. I wish you the best, as I do enjoy the game - but right now, only at the value of FREE which does not make money for you.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    There is a range of packs from the extremely cheap to the very expensive, so I think that everyone is covered, whether they are spending their pocket money, or high-rollers looking for an easier ride.
    Nobody is forced to buy any of them, and you are not handicapped if you don't.
    That being said, of course we'd all like to see some more 'bargains', it's natural, perhaps the bean counters will cotton on that these may well draw in money that may not have been spent otherwise.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I would like to know why they have taken the buying gems on the mobile phone off the shop they tell me I have to have a credit card not happy jan..

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    probably cost/benefit, if not enough people use the feature, it might be that the fixed cost for the service are just too high to continue

Reply to Thread