Reply to Thread

Thread: adobe flash player, please can somebody help me.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland

adobe flash player, please can somebody help me.

Hello guys.
    what I have noticed on the forum is we have quite a few computer whizzes on here.
    So can I ask for some advice please. I have been doing some investigating on the internet about the flash
    Problem (flash keeps crashing my game), the advice it has given is to turn of the hardware accelerator in firefox.
    I have just done this and logged back into the game and everything seems fine for the moment even guild chat came on which it hasn’t done for days lol.
    My question is will turning of the hardware accelerator do any damage to my computer?
    Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

sorry guys I think I have posted this in the wrong place and i don't know how to move it.
    So please mods don't shout at me tehee.
    Last edited by unicornlinzy1; 25.11.12 at 15:25.

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello unicornlinzy1,

Wrong section of the forum .

[Thread moved]

Thank you,
    Sinister-King

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    When you disable hardware acceleration for flash, it will just let the flash player to make all the work regarding the video and graphics, and by that I mean you CPU. If you experienced crashes, turning it off may be the solution. Remember though, that this may be happening due to other reason, like for example the continuous New Quest message that appeared on last update, against which you can't do much except ignoring it and waiting for next update.

For those who want to turn it off as well, here is the link:
    http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...velopers_only_

Right-click between the Debug Player and Operating System, then select Settings, choose the first tab and uncheck the only option there. If problems like the computer slowing down or problems displaying in Flash, turn it back on the same way.

Hope that answers your question.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you DieterG for your reply, i will just have to hope bb fix this soon then.
    Thanks again.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Hi Linzy, I did answer you on your other post, to answer your main question, turning off hardware acceleration will NOT harm your computer in any way. However, turning it off, you may find that other Flash based sites that have been behaving may now seem a little slower than before, and the only solution to that would be to keep turning H/W acceleration back on every time you leave this game, then disable it again before you next play Settlers.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Nogbad thank you for your reply. This has put my mind at rest.

Reply to Thread