Reply to Thread

Thread: How about a compensation package for the veterans

World
    Sandycove

How about a compensation package for the veterans

I think the new rewards schedule for achieving level advancement is looking great... However I am wondering if it will unbalance the game.

Since it requires a greater amount of experience points to advance each level... eventually people just starting now, and receiving all their rewards from the new schedule, will be just one level behind players who have been playing for months, and at such time it appears they will have received a significantly greater amount of reward resources and gold than those who have been playing and achieving most of their levels under the old reward schedule.

Is there any way to throw together a gift package to grandfather in those who have been plugging away at it for months already? Or is it really an insignificant inballance and I am making a mountain from a molehill?

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    zarrin, I play on 5 different servers, the newest I joined about 5-6 months after the first, and they are all now within 3 levels of each other.
    As the older ones take longer to level up, the newer have caught up, so there isn't a fantastic jump even if the new quests got 'backdated'.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Sandycove
    I think you are making my point there... in a few months, a game started today will be within a couple levels of equal to one that has been running for 6 months, but will have received a significantly greater amount of rewards for each level attained. This is certainly an advantage for new players over existing players.

Skilled Student Harald_Villraade's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    I think you´re making a mountain from a molehill. Your strength lies in your economy, which isn´t built up over night, plus gathering resources and special items over a long time. And peoples playstyle and how often they play have as great an impact on their real strength as any adjustment in the small gem awards were talking. In addition, newer players have lost the gem rewards for lvls 31-40 (roughly), and finally this game just isnt that kind of a race...
    my 2cents, sorry

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    youre forgetting that a lot of the older players got to sell their resources at much higher gc value than new players did, having earned gc lots easier that way than new players on full servers do now. ofcourse, that is a matter of what server youre on, but will still hold for most i think

Reply to Thread