Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Thoughts after 2-3 months of play

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Zosimus View Post
    Generals being sent out takes 30min
    Buy faster generals, they only take 15 mins.

From ordering a general to attack a bandit camp to their return takes 4-5min
    The very best part of the game, since it allows effective round blocks. Again, buy faster generals if this is a problem, they also fight faster.

This isn't a fastpaced game, it should be obvious to everyone. So I don't know why some of you guys complains. If everything was done quick and easy, it would have been a "rush to max lvl, then quit" sort of game. No thanks.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    I see a lot of people concerned that once 50 there is nothing to do and it all becomes a bit pointless. Leveling up seems to be the main source of drive and enjoyment in the game. That in its self exposes this game's real weaknesses. Its a dull game, there really is no way to say it nicely.
    Many people are suggesting improvements and would make a difference to the game. But I think some are too focused on the game's current format to see the big picture here.
    Examples of leveling in other games: WoW - the game only really starts at max level. Planetside2 (free) - amazingly fun that leveling is just a by product of having fun. CivIV - No leveling at all and I played that game for years and years.
    If a game delivers genuine fun leveling is not an issue and reaching max level doesnt matter.
    A dull game? Well, if that's how you feel, then it's simply not for you. It would obviously require so many changes to satisfy you, that it woldn't be the same game anymore.

You're comparing a browser sim with one of the most content rich MMOs (WoW) that exists? There are so many wrongs with this alone that I don't even know where to start. So I'll just leave this one hanging, for yourself to figure it out.

Of course we're focused on the game's current format. It's not that we're against improvements, but you want the game to become something completely different. I do NOT want that.

Btw, obviously suggestions (if implemented) would make differences to the game. But not all differences are good ones, neither are all the suggestions. And you're also forgetting this is a browser game - it has far more technical restrictions than client based games, and the devs has to consider that carefully constantly.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafnir View Post
    Buy faster generals, they only take 15 mins.
    I think this sentence just summed up the game brilliantly. Awesome.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    I think this sentence just summed up the game brilliantly. Awesome.
    The last comment here is over a month old, and you are starting it back up again ? Also for something that was so dull you have ibviously decided to stay here and continue playing, so what kept you here ?

And all free games are of course geared up to try and make you spend money or why would they be here ? there revenue comes from advertising and of course people buying gems so yes it is certainly in there interest to try and make you buy gems.

But there must be something keeping you here now, would you care to share that with us and not just the negatives you add so frequently ?

Gavin

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmegavin View Post
    The last comment here is over a month old, and you are starting it back up again ?
    2 days old actually, the post I quoted, certainly not over a month.

I haven't played for a long time now but I check by from time to time to see how development is going, see if any changes have been made that might tempt me back but none so far.

I understand people who enjoy this game in its current state will be irritated by negative comments possibly, but I do not think I am of a minority of thinking.
    I think over my previous comments here I have made a sound and fair assessment of the game.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I think this game lacks tactical combat, say like in Caesar 2. The sorry excuse for the 'brawl' graphics are just a very very sorry excuse. They don't even change for armies with different troops. I mean how difficult is it to draw something more elaborate, for Blue Byte. I don't even want to discuss the 'replay' graphics, they are simply insulting. You can find better combat representation in 1970s games

Tactical warfare at least would be something to look forward to, while managing your fief.

Reply to Thread