Reply to Thread

Thread: Guild Quest Logic Problem? (Uncompletable Quests)

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove

Guild Quest Logic Problem? (Uncompletable Quests)

Since Guild quests apparently calculate the number of members that need to complete personal quests, to allow awarding of the guild bonus, on logins in the previous 2 days (taken from forum posts people have made regarding other Guild Quest bugs)... if a member leaves or goes long term inactive after a new guild quest starts it can never be finished as new members do not get to see the current quest and only get the next one once the current quest is completed.

This seems a horrible piece of logic that obviously will lead to deadlock (Assuming the above information is indeed correct).

People swapping guilds have a 24 hour delay and sure some sort of delay on new members will help stop duplicate accounts being made just to complete quests makes some sense (even if it just highlights the stupidity of the logic behind completion quotas) but to allow one of the few reasons to come back and play daily to get locked out is annoying.

Personally i found the plethora of quests to do after the last update was the most fun I've had with the game in months.. how about giving us weekly quests with a dozen minor goals and rewards just to keep the interest up and give a reason to pop in and do stuff beyond building wells and corn.
    Last edited by Nashius-Maximus; 02.12.12 at 09:28. Reason: clarifying supposition

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Meh...the new guild coins are kinda pointless anyways imho

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    I dunno.. a free double speed geologist.. i wouldn't say no... and they are bound to add some more interesting things (i hope) and having a pile of gold ready to spend must be handy.

At least the rewards have some use now over what they did before... with massive outlay for 147XP (shakes head).

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    why can't players who went off for 2 days due to private circumstances not play the next guildquest?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    They can.. i was saying that they are counted in the total number of 'people to complete' a quest up to 2 days before the quest was issued but if in the intervening time they go on long term absence it can make the quest uncompletable.

eg: guild has 25 people, 24 were active in the previous 2 days, new quest is issued for 24 people to complete.. if 2 people go long term inactive the quest can not be completed until 1 comes back or in the case of 2 leaving (under the current system) the quest can never be completed as new members don't see the current quest.

Reply to Thread